Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've seen recipes for pretzel bookies before on Pinterest, but I've always been skeptical. Why would I add pretzels to a perfectly good chocolate chip cookie? Well, I have since discovered why... because they are perfection! They are the best blend of sweet and salty - they're delicious! The recipe is from Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate, you can find it HERE.

Before we get started, I should mention that I did a horrible job of taking pictures as I was making these. I posted a couple of Instagram stories as I was baking these and I think my mind can only focus on one form of media at once. So pictures will be low in this post, but I will do my best to explain everything!
Start by combining 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium mixing bowl.

In a separate medium bowl, cream 1 cup of softened butter, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and 3/4 cup of brown sugar together. Then, add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 eggs.

Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until they are completely combined. When the dough is well combined, set it aside and break up 1 cup of pretzels. Add the broken pretzels and 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the dough (the original recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, but that seemed like a lot as I was adding them in, so I left out a half cup).
Drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper - leave about 2 inches between each cookie. I use my new silicone baking mats instead of parchment paper and aside from the fact that they look a little psychedelic in pictures, I love them!
 Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit - mine were in the oven for closer to 8 minutes.
Leave the cookies to set on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes to set before transferring them to a wire rack to allow them to cool completely.
I was skeptical about these because i am not crazy about pretzels alone but they were so so good!

PRETZEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
yield: 4 dozen cookies
ingreidents
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup broken pretzels
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

directions
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together. The, add in the egg and vanilla.
3. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture until it is all well combined and holding together as a dough.
4. Break up the pretzels and mix them and the chocolate chips to the dough.
5. Drop a heaping tablespoon of dough into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
6. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes when they come out of the oven, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment