Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday Favorites: I'm on Christmas Break!

It's official - I'm on Christmas break! I had my last exam last night! The last couple of weeks my to do list has been full of school related stuff and I can finally move onto a more fun & festive to do list! I still have quite a few things to get done but it's all Christmas related. If you need me between now and Christmas, You can likely find me crafting/wrapping/labelling with a Hallmark Christmas movie on and I tea close by! Let's get into my favorite things from this week!

1. Before one of my exams this week, I stopped by Starbucks to pick up a tea. Walking through the streets of down town of Montreal with the prettiest Hollywood snow falling and a peppermint tea in hand is just about as festive as it gets! I loved this little quiet moment before my exam! And, I love Starbucks' holiday cups this year!
2. Another favorite about downtown Montreal - the flashlight in the sky! The light spins around on top of a tall building in Montreal. You can see it in the sky from miles away! I have watched this flashlight since I was little. I remember coming home from Christmas dinner just watching this light spin around and around hoping to catch a glimpse of Santa!
3. Our Christmas cards arrived this week! I got a notification that they were delivered so I bundled up and ran out to our mailbox to get them! I am always so excited to see a Vistaprint package, especially around this time of year! We have done our Christmas cards with Vistaprint for years and I always love the outcome. This year is no exception, I am so excited to send our cards out to our favorite people!

4. Last night, the Bean had her school's holiday concert. She played the trumpet and did awesome even with her new braces! But, the highlight of the show by far, was a little girl dancing in the aisles. This little girl was wearing a tutu and rocking out to classical instrumental songs without a care in the world! She had me thinking, why don't more adults wear tutus and dance like no one's watching? Her carefree dancing and tutu twirling gave my heart a much needed moment of lightness.
5. And how could I finish off this post without talking about bundt cake? Yesterday, I shared a recipe for this fabulous cinnamon swirl bundt cake, you can find it HERE. I am already having requests to make this again! Now that I have a little more time to bake, this is high at the top of my list!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

I hope your weekend is full of festive fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment