Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday Favorites: food & finals

Hello friends and happy Friday! This week was full of so many good things and I am so looking forward to sharing my very favorites for you below! Apparently it's all about food and finals around here! I hope you have a great Friday to kick off an even better weekend!

1. The Pink Drink! I had my very first pink drink this week and I'm obsessed! I have heard such good things about them and I was so excited to finally have one! My Starbucks order used to be pretty lame - a mocha frappuccino with no whipped cream. I might have gotten a PSL or a Peppermint mocha seasonally, but for the most part, I just stick to what I know. I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and now I'm totally on the pink drink band wagon! All that being said, I don't go to Starbucks often so I've been looking up recipes so I can make a pink drink at home! It looks pretty easy and I love that it is easily made with coconut milk and natural sugar! I'll share a recipe once I find one that I love!
2. One of my favorite local salad places is Copper Branch! After some research I think they only exist in Montreal. But if you are ever in Montreal, Copper Branch is a must! I get the Aztec Salad and it is to die for! There is so much going on in this salad - guacamole, falafel, sweet potato, mango salsa, pumpkin seeds, beets, carrots... and I'm leaving out a million other things because it's too much to write down!! There are just too many to list! This salad is packed with flavor and it is vegan & gluten free! I love that this restaurant offers so many vegan and gluten free options!

3. Did you catch the recipe that I shared yesterday? If you missed it, you can find it HERE. If you are vegan, gluten free or have any other food restrictions, I highly recommend checking this recipe out! It is easy as pie (pun totally intended!) and it is so darn delicious! I made this pie as dessert for Easter dinner and everyone loved it! No questions asked! I promise no one will say this pie is good considering it's gluten free or vegan or refined sugar free. It's just good, period! And yes, I'm that confident in this dessert; it was that good!

4. I'm in the process of writing my final paper for my human rights class. Where most final papers are bleak and dry; this one has me on the edge of my seat! I had to pull myself away from my computer to do a little baking (a rare occurrence). My research is exploring the recent #metoo movement that exploded in October 2017 (but surprisingly started back in 2006!). I've been reading so much about the issue on a global scale and while it has been so intriguing it is heart wrenching. There are so many components to this topic and I am just scratching the surface with my research but I was so excited to quote Vogue in my final research paper for a university class! Ha! Little victories, right? Yes, I referenced Vogue and thought to myself Elle Woods would be so proud of me! I'm hoping my prof can appreciate a good Vogue quote!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

That's it for today! I'll be back on Monday with a song that I've had on repeat all week long!







6 comments:

  1. That salad sounds delicious! I have tried the pink drink as well...I'd love a recipe for at home:)
    Cassidy
    peachesandpearlscassidy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good! I'm hoping a try a few pink drink recipes and post my favorite soon! Thank you for reading, Cassidy!

      Delete
  2. Oh my that pie looks divine! I'm gluten free/vegetarian so I need to make that!! Yum yum! Have a great weekend! - Shannon @slayitagainshan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shannon! I hope you love the pie as much as I do!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Breanne! Have a great weekend :)

      Delete