Friday, July 29, 2016

High Five for Friday

Usually, on Fridays I link up with Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything to share my favorite things. Last week, on my Friday Favorites post, Tif from Bright on a Budget left me a sweet comment suggesting that I join in on her High Five for Friday link up. So, today, I'm linking up with Tif from Bright on a Budget, Della from Della Devoted and Katie from Cup of Tea to share my highlights from this week!

My family spent last week at the beach, so the transition to this week was a little tough but we still found our joy with some good food, good music and by spreading joy to others!

1. I have already blogged both of these recipes, but Sunday night dinner was especially delicious with some Cranberry, Apple & Walnut Salad and some Turkey, Apple & Brie Paninis. This made the return home from the beach a little less painful!

2. Heartbeats by José Gonzales has been on repeat all week long! Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift released an instagram video of them singing this, I wish they would cover the whole song but you can see their short little cover here!

3. I just started my new planner which always makes me excited! This year, I'm using The Day Designer by Whitney English. If you are interested, you can find the exact planner I'm using here!
I love so many things about this planner... I can make a new to-do list each week, it has a 'notes' section for every week, it has a little section for you to plan ahead for next week and it has a little section for gratitude!



4. One of the things off my summer bucket list was to chalk song lyrics & quotes around my neighborhood. Well, this week my sister and I broke out the chalk and wrote some uplifting quotes on sidewalks around our house. It was fun to see several people stop and read our chalk work!

5. How many Neiman Marcus cookies is too many Neiman Marcus cookies? This week, I whipped up 105 Neiman Marcus cookies and delivered them to some of my family's favorite people! I heard once that food is love made edible and this is one of the reasons I love baking for others so much. I love adding a little extra love to people's day!

I hope your week was good!
Kenzie








4 comments:

  1. LOVE the chalk quotes idea and indeed, food is love that is edible and I love giving away many of my baked treats to my neighbors and loved ones! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Andrea! You've got some lucky neighbors & loved ones! I was just scrolling through your recipes and have a list of yummy treats to try!

      Delete
  2. Those cookies were killer!!

    ReplyDelete