Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Favorites

Hello Friday! I started back to school this week and after one week, I am already ready for Christmas break! This week was long & tiring! During the school week, I have less time to be in the kitchen so I am looking forward to getting back to my happy place this weekend!

* This post went up yesterday, but I am coming back to it to edit in that I was chosen as the featured blogger for Tif, Della and Katie's High Five for Friday link-up!! Wahoo!!! Thank you so much to Tif, Della and Katie for hosting this fun weekly link-up and featuring me this week! I highly recommend checking out all of there blogs - you can find Tif @ Bright on a Budget, Della @ Della Devoted and Katie @ Katie cup of Tea.

Here are some of my favorite things from this week:
Being back in classes has kicked my booty this week & these Ginger Snaps have been the perfect after school treat! I shared the recipe yesterday & you can find it HERE. They are the perfect little sneak peek into fall!
Speaking of fall... Over Labor Day weekend, my family went to Vermont & I got to do a little fall crafting with my favorite friend, Hannah! We started with just plain boards of wood and we turned them into these fun signs! I am waiting until it is actually fall to put this on my front stoop, but it will be out bright and early on September 22nd!!
I have been blogging a whole lot about pizza lately - I mean, you'd think it was all my little crew eats! Surprisingly, we do eat other things for dinner but we just can't quit this Stromboli recipe from Carl's Bad Cravings. First, I made Stromboli, then I turned it into a pizza, and now I've taken this same recipe and turned it into Pizza Pinwheels! I will be sharing this recipe next week!
Next week, I'm starting a new little series called Music for Mondays! Since I'm back in school, I have a little less time to devote to cooking/baking/crafting and I was looking for a way to continue posting consistent content on my blog. I have shared my love for music before and my music repertoire is constantly evolving. Every Monday, I will share a song or two that I have been loving but I will still be sharing recipes & crafts on Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from A Liz Adventures and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites!

I hope your weekend is fabulous!

6 comments:

  1. Those cookies look amazing - I need to try your recipe ASAP! And that sign is so cute!

    Sarah // www.sarahincolor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! I'm heading over to check out your blog now! Have a great weekend!
    Kenzie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fall board is so cute! I would love one of those for my house! And I need to try some of those pizza creations. We have been so into pizza lately, but putting a different spin on it could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading, Laura! Experimenting with pizza has been so fun! The pizza pinwheels have been my family's favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (stopping by from H54F) I've never been a fan of ginger snaps for eating, but I love the way my house smells after making them! Makes me think of Christmas which I am getting antsy for! Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    Mariah
    http://likehoneyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariah - These ginger snaps do smell pretty fantastic while they are baking! I hear you about being excited for Christmas - only 14 more weeks!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete