Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Shortbread Cookies

This shortbread recipe is very dear to me, because it is my Poppa's recipe. It is one of my favorite recipes to make around Christmas time and it is easy as can be! Let's get started!

Start with 1 cup of softened butter in a medium mixing bowl.
Mix in 1/2 cup of granulated sugar until it is well incorporated.
Finally, mix in 2 cups of all-purpose flour. The dough becomes a little harder to mix at this point - I usually remove it from the bowl and knead it with my hands on the counter.
When your dough holds together and forms a ball, place it on a floured surface.
I find the initial amount of dough a lot to work with at once, so I cut it in half and roll out half at a time. Roll out your dough to be about 1/4 inch thick.
Once your dough is rolled out, use cookie cutters to cut out the cookies. My initial plan was to make mitten cookies, so I made many of those but I ended up cutting out some snowflake and Christmas tree cookies as well!
Use a spatula to transfer the cut out cookies to a baking sheet lines with parchment paper.
Bake the cookies for 13 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
When they are done baking, transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack to let them cool before you enjoy them!

SHORTBREAD COOKIES
ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour

directions
1. Combine the butter, sugar and flour in a medium mixing bowl.
2. When the dough holds together and forms a ball, transfer it onto a floured surface. Split the dough in half and roll out half of the dough to be about 1/4 inch thick.
3. Use cookie cutters to cut out you cookies.
4. Place you cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them at 325 degrees for 13 minutes.
5. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack before enjoying them!

Happy Wednesday!











No comments:

Post a Comment