Tuesday, March 21, 2017

St-Patrick's Day Cupcakes

My family went to a St-Patrick's day party on Saturday evening so I'll be talking about some recipes and crafts from that party this week. Today, I'm talking about the cupcakes I made. Tomorrow, I'll share the shirts I made and on Thursday, I'm sharing a recipe that the Bean found for the Party! She made Cheeseburger Balls and they were fabulous!!

I made my all time favorite chocolate cake recipe, and frosted them with my favorite buttercream frosting - this is my go-to for cupcakes! It's easy and it tastes good every time! I stick to the same recipe but I dress it up differently depending on the event or holiday! I made some green sprinkles to top these cupcakes with!
I made the sprinkles by putting 1/4 cup of granulated sugar in a ziplock bag and adding in 5 drops of green food coloring. I am not a fan of dying food, so I always try to minimize amounts of dye. However, if you want to add more food coloring for a darker green, go for it! Work the color into the sugar until it is evenly distributed - I did this by sealing the bag and shaking it around.

Fold up the edges of some tinfoil and pour the dyed sugar into a mound in the well of the tinfoil. Bake the sugar for 3 minutes at 250 degrees Fahrenheit on a baking sheet. Remove the sprinkles from the oven stir them around with a fork then put them back in the oven for 2 minutes. Stir the sprinkles again and place them back in the oven for another 2 minutes. And that's it! Let them cool completely before using them.
Usually I set a bit of time aside to take pictures of the food I make before letting people dig in, but sometimes I forget! This was one of those times! I packed up the cupcakes in a little caddy and ran off to the party! About an hour into the party, I realized that I didn't take any pictures of the cupcakes! So I weaved through the crowd with my cell phone ready to go and snapped pictures to share!




Oh goodness! The lighting was terrible, but I did the best I could! And I will do my best to avoid last minute picture taking in the future!

See you tomorrow with fun St-Patrick's day shirts!



No comments:

Post a Comment