Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Guacamole

Today, I'm sharing a recipe for guacamole that is clean eating friendly! I shared a recipe about a year and half ago that is the total opposite of clean eating friendly. I was a little bummed to have to ditch that recipe because it is so darn good! I was bummed until I tried this recipe because it is so good! Yes, guac is super good when it has sour cream and plain yogurt and mayo in it, but it can still be delicious without!
Start by halving 2 avocados and removing the pits. I used to only eat avocados as guacamole but now, I eat avocados with everything! I used to be a little put off by how slimy they are but I heard that you have to eat something 6 times and you'll grow to like it. This was probably a combination of the eating it six times and my current limited options but I have mad love for avocados now!
Mash the avocados with a fork in a small mixing bowl until there are very few pieces. I like my guacamole really smooth but if you like it a little chunkier you can mash accordingly!
Once the avocado is mashed, mix in the juice from half of a lime, a quarter of a red onion finely chopped, 1 minced clove of garlic, about 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin (we like a lot of cumin in my house but you can reduce this if you don't love it), 1/4 of a bell pepper (I used an orange one) and little salt and pepper.
I transferred the guac to a prettier serving dish and my family enjoyed it with Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers (also vegan!). We loved the guacamole with those burgers but we also loved with chips! I know we will be making this guac so often! I love that it is a clean eating & vegan option! Also! You can double or triple this recipe as needed! This small serving size was perfect for my little family of four but if you are serving a crowd, you may want to make a double or triple batch!

GUACAMOLE
serves 2-4 people

ingredients
2 medium avocados
juice from half of a lime
1/4 of a red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
~ 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin (adjust depending on taste)
1/4 of a bell pepper
salt & pepper

directions
1. Half the avocados and pit them. Mash them in a small mixing bowl.
2. once the avocados are mashed, mix in the lime juice, chopped red onion, minced garlic, cumin, chopped bell pepper and salt & pepper.

That's it! This guacamole comes together so quickly and makes such a delicious treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment