Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday Favorites: What a week!

Hi friends! Welcome to another edition of Friday Favorites! Every week, I link up with a few other bloggers to discuss some of my favorite things from the week and this week did not disappoint! So, without further ado, here is a little look into what's going on in my life...

1. On Wednesday night, I saw Stars on Ice and I am still glowing with excitement! The show was so good! I am always amazed to watch Canada's best figure skaters and they delivered last night! There were so many memorable moments! I adore my sport and I can't wait to share the whole evening with you next week! This whole evening has me reflecting on just how much I love skating - it really does have a huge piece of my heart and I am looking forward to sharing a little more about it in the future!
2. My tea party is this weekend! I have to admit I first wrote that sentence in all caps, but it seemed  a little obnoxious, so I backspaced and calmed it down a little! Writing in all caps is so not me but I might be that excited for this weekend! I loved the Bean's tea party so much and I know it will be even more special to have one with my friends! This June marks 5 years since I graduated from High School (um what? How did that happen?). Right before graduating, they had a grad tea for everyone in my grade (and yes, it was as fabulous as it sounds!). I thought it was so fitting to see some of my favorite girls from high school again over tea!
3. Remember this pie that I just couldn't stop talking about a couple of weeks ago? I am so excited to make it again this weekend for my tea party! I am going to try to make it into bars or maybe cupcakes...? I'm looking to make it easier to serve off trays at a tea party and I will definitely share what I end doing! I'm trying to make the food at this party completely vegan because one of my friends is vegan and it has been so fun to discover new recipes!

A post shared by People Magazine (@people) on
4. Have you seen this video? I scrolled by this video on Instagram the other day and I am so happy I took a minute to watch it! I love Kate Middleton and I love that she uses her platform to promote good, especially when that good is for children! I have been loving all the excitement in the royal family lately - baby Louis & the upcoming royal wedding! When Kate and William got married I was in grade 10 and we got to go to the gym to watch a live stream of the wedding!

5. Our house is a mish mash of decor from a bunch of different seasons right now and I need to get it under control today! We have a little bit of Valentine's Day still up (that is coming down pronto!) a little bit of Spring stuff (which I will likely leave out but just reorganize), some Easter stuff (oh gosh! I know! It's time to go!), a little bit of decor still up from the Bean's party and a cinco de mayo quote on the chalkboard in our kitchen! I mean, could I possibly have another season on display in the house? I love decorating seasonally but I always get a little overwhelmed in the Spring! Today is the day, though! 

Have a fabulous weekend!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment