Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Crispy Potato Wedges

Last week, I shared a recipe for these fun sliders:
And the sliders were delicious, if you are looking for a relatively easy yet super impressive dinner these are for you! This recipe got quite a bit of love, but the most common question I got was requesting a recipe for the fries that you can see in the background! So that is what I'm here to do today!

I have to be honest - this was my first time ever making fries! I browsed through a few recipes to see the common ingredients and baking time but then I kind of winged it! So, bear with me. I'll do my best to share a recipe that you can follow. But if you've been reading for any length of time, you may know that I am the princess of throw in a little of this and a little of that! My mom is totally the queen but I learned from the best!

Start by washing, peeling a cutting up 6 small potatoes - I used 6 itty bitty Yukon Gold potatoes. I was actually worried there wouldn't be enough for my family of four but it was perfect!

I recommend scrubbing the potatoes really well, peeling them and cutting out any dark spots. Then, cut the potatoes into wedges. I cut pretty thin wedges - I cut the potatoes in halves, then into quarters then I cut each quarter into four smaller wedges (sometimes I was able to squeeze in 5!).

I put the cut wedges in a medium mixing bowl and tossed in a little olive oil, a little salt and pepper, a little paprika and a little vegan Parmesan cheese. I would estimate about 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, a 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, 1/8 teaspoon of paprika and 2-3 Tablespoons of vegan Parmesan. If you are comfortable doing this by eye/by taste, I would totally go with with that! Do what works best for you!
Once the potato wedges have been seasoned, spread them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the potatoes for 25-30 minutes. I recommend starting with 15 minutes, flipping them over then putting them back in and checking them after another 10 minutes. The potatoes are done when you can pierce them with a fork, but depending on how crispy you like your fries, you can leave them in a little longer. We like crispy fries around here so my fries were in for the full 30 minutes.
The potato wedges made the most perfect side for these sliders! They were so good dipped in that chipotle ranch! I especially love how easy these fries were to throw together - they were so easy to toss then pop in the oven. They require very little fuss and the end result makes such a perfect side!

Crispy Potato Wedges
serves 4

ingredients
6 small potatoes (I used Yukon Gold Potatoes)
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
2-3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese (I used vegan Parm)

directions
1. Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into wedges.
2. Put the potatoes in a medium mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and Parmesan cheese.
3. Spread the potatoes across a baking sheet lined with Parchment paper.
4. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the potato wedges for 25-30 minutes. Start with 15 minutes, flip the potatoes then put them in for another 10 minutes. The potatoes are ready when you can easily pierce them with a fork, but you can leave them in the oven a little longer depending on how crispy you like your fries.

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment