Tuesday, June 26, 2018

My Happy Playlist

Last week, I mentioned a list that I wrote way back in 2014 when starting a blog was a mere dream! I shared my top 5 favorite song covers last week, which was an idea off of that list. And today, I'm sharing what I like to call "My Happy Playlist." This is just a list of happy songs - I think all of these songs are just feel good, happy kind of music. But, many of them make me happy because I have a happy memory associated with them.

I was really hoping to share a Spotify playlist in today's post, but I couldn't figure it out! If I figure it out, I will be sure to update this post to include a playlist! In the meantime, if any of these songs help you find your happy, use them to kick start your very own happy playlist! Onto the music!

Have it All - Jason Mraz
 I just shared this song last week in my music for Monday post! As soon as I heard this song, I added it onto my happy song list - it gives me all the happy vibes!

The Remedy - Jason Mraz
Brave - Sara Bareilles
I've talked a lot about Sara Bareilles on my blog, because I love just about everything she does. Many of her songs are more on the mellow side, but this one is light and encouraging! It is the most perfect happy song!
There's Hope - India Arie
A couple of years ago, my family went to a circus that was in town and this song played during one of their acts. What can I say? It was love at first listen! I get goosebumps every time I hear this song - so good!
I Choose - India Arie
Video - India Arie
It's no coincidence that I have 3 India Arie songs on my blog! I love many of her songs but these 3 are my absolute favorites!

Beauty in the World - Macy Gray
If you asked me to pick a favorite line from this song; without hesitation, I would say - shake your booty boys and girls for the beauty in the world. Isn't that such a great lyric? But there are so many good ones in this song! 

Brighter than the Sun - Colbie Callait
Circle the Sun - Serena Ryder
Powerless - Nelly Furtado
Who Says - Selena Gomez
Where is the Love? - Black Eyed Peas
I love many, many, many Black Eyed Peas songs but this one surpasses the others just because of its message! This song came out quite a while ago (2003!), but it's amazing how pertinent it's message remains - I think there could always be more love in our world!
Walkin' on Sunshine - Katrina & the Waves
I mean, is there a happier song!? This song was made to be on a happy playlist!
Smile - Uncle Kracker
Give Love - Andy Grammer
Again, a song about adding a little extra love to our world - so perfect!

Hey Ya! - OutKast
Accidentally in Love - Counting Crows
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
2 Princes - Spin Doctors
Ho Hey - The Lumineers

Inner Ninja - Classified & David Myles

Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield

Phew! That's a lot of music for one post! I know I've shared some of these songs before in Music for Monday posts and I went back and forth on whether or not to include them. Ultimately, I decided to include them because they're important to this list! 

I'll be back tomorrow with a dairy free ice cream recipe!




No comments:

Post a Comment