Friday, October 19, 2018

Friday Favorites: Fall, Fall, Fall!

Happy Friday, friends! I am so happy to be sitting down to write this post. I've been so super busy these past couple of weeks, it is so nice to take a minute and reflect on all of the good. I got to squeeze in a quick phone call with my friend Lauren this week and I so loved that she reminded me to look for good amidst the business. So, that's what I'm doing today - I'm sharing the good despite the busy.

1. Coaching with these sweet friends is the highlight of my every week! My skating program started up last week and I'm so lucky to get to see two of my favorite girls every week! We snapped a quick picture after coaching on Wednesday evening - do we look tired? Those kiddos gave us a run for our money but gosh they're fun! I launched a new program for pre-school aged kids this year and those 3 & 4 year olds are so darn cute! Those scrumptious littles bring so much light to my week (so do my darling friends!). 
2. Hello Fall! Over the past couple of weeks, we've made a major transition towards Fall weather and I love it! There are colorful leaves scattered all over and I am getting to wear booties every day of the week! It doesn't get any better! I love this season!
3. Now, I just have to share a little flashback to our Thanksgiving dinner a couple of weeks ago. Our table is made to sit 8, but we packed we packed it with way more than 8! We hosted our family and friends to celebrate Thanksgiving and I wish I had gotten a better picture of the food to share! We filled our table with chicken (we're not turkey people), stuffing, sweet potato casserole, beets, cinnamon & maple squash and mashed potatoes. And I think I'm forgetting something, but it was all so good! I have to remember to share some of our favorite holiday recipes on the blog!
4. And since we're talking Thanksgiving... Remember these Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars? I first made these in the spring and just new they'd make the most perfect Thanksgiving dessert! They are so fitting for the season and they get rave reviews all around while being allergy friendly - big win! If you are interested in making these, you can find the recipe HERE.
5. When I take pictures for my blog, I make quite the little set up in my kitchen - I clear the counter and the lights have to be just so. My Dad likes to joke around when I'm taking pictures and I finally caved and took a picture of some of his antics. In the middle, on the plate, are my pecan cheesecake bars and around the plate, are sweet potatoes. Yes, my Dad was cutting sweet potatoes for a casserole and decided to place them decoratively (I use this word loosely) around my plate. And the knife? I mean, I don't even know what to say. I'll be letting my Dad take care of the photography for my blog from this point forward.

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

Have a fabulous weekend!







2 comments:

  1. Hi Kenzie. Those bars look amazing! I couldn't click on the link for the recipe though. Would you be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that! I've updated the link! It should be good to go! Have a great weekend :)

      Delete