Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Pizza Pinwheels

I have been talking a whole lot about pizza lately! First, I shared this stromboli recipe that I found on Carlsbad Cravings. Well my family quickly fell in love with that recipe and it became a staple in our house. I started thinking about ways to switch it up and turned it into Mariana Sauce and Italian Sausage Pizza! Now, I've turned it into pizza pinwheels and these have been my family's favorite so far!

Let me first mention that these three recipes are identical - the dough is the same, the toppings are the same (I vary the quantity but use the same things)... Everything is the same but I either role it up into a Stromboli, leave it open as a pizza or cut up the rolled stomboli to make little pinwheels. I love different things about each one - but I love that the pinwheels transfer so well to lunches the next day!

Head over to my Stromboli recipe to see how I get this far into the pinwheel making process - you can find how I make the dough & what toppings I use in that original recipe! I dress my pinwheels the exact same way I dress my Stromboli!

When my dough is topped marinara sauce/meat/veggies/cheese I brush it with egg wash and roll it up just like I do with Stromboli. Once it's rolled up, I use a bench knife to cut slices about 2 - 2 1/2 inches thick along the roll.
When the rolls are cut up I place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and adjust them if needed. I top them with a little extra cheese then bake them at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-22 minutes.

I am officially all out of ideas! I don't know how many ways there are to make pizza, but if you know of any more - let me know! I'll go hunting on Pinterest and report back if I find anything else I could possible do to this pizza!

Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. I love anything pizza, so I think all your ideas are fab!!! These look delicious!

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tif! I hope you have a chance to try them! :)

      Delete