Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday Favorites: these are a few of my favorite things :)

The weeks are just flying by. It feels like I just sat down to write last week's Friday Favorites! While time is flying, the days are busy and long! I know I've already mentioned how difficult teaching is, but I have serious respect for teachers! Teaching is no joke! It is so enjoyable but it is exhausting! I have five weeks left of my internship, I know the weeks will continue to fly by at lightning speed and before I know it, it will be Christmas!

1. As I am writing this post, I am snacking on one of my favorite treats - Banana Bread!! I shared the recipe that my family uses in August. You can find it HERE. The recipe is my grandmother's and I have yet to taste a banana bread that compares! It is by far my favorite banana bread, if you are looking for a good, reliable recipe, this is the one! :)
2. Yes, those are my feet at yoga and yes, that is chocolate at the edge of my mat! There are so many favorites in this picture - First of all, the chocolate!! We did a chocolate meditation, so the yoga instructor brought us chocolate. I'm pretty sure I could get into any sport if there was chocolate involved! 😉 Second, my camo leggings! I have never been one to wear camo, but I saw these black camo leggings at Costco recently and I knew I had to have them! They are so cute and cozy! And finally, another great costco find! My fabulous purple Lolë yoga mat!
3. And another picture with a couple of my favorite things included! First, the reason I took this picture - Squish candy! We have several Squish candy stores around Montreal, but there are also locations in Ontario and British Columbia. If you are ever near one, you have to step in and check it out! Squish is a vegan gourmet candy store and they have such fun treats! My latest favorites are Mango Maracuja and Grapefruit & Blood Orange! My next favorite is the nail polish that I'm wearing in this picture! As usual, it's by ESSIE and it's called I'm with the Band. I think I will be wearing this color over and over during the Fall and I will probably keep wearing it right into Christmas!
4. The Bean is famous! Last weekend, we had family pictures taken and the photographer snapped this gorgeous shot of The Bean! Well, she took this picture and sent it to Montreal Tourism! Now, it is on Montreal Tourism's Instagram! How cool is that!? Also, all the praise hands for Montreal in the Fall! Those Fall colors were the most perfect backdrop for our pictures.
5. I'm not even embarrassed to admit that I am in full Christmas music mode! This is the Spotify playlist that I am listening to as I am writing this post. For me, Jazz and Christmas just go together! I have been listening to a whole lot of Christmas Jazz this week. Lots of lesson planning means lots of Christmas music! Christmas is 59 days away, I will be soaking up all of the Christmas music possible in the next 59 days!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

I hope your weekend is fabulous!


2 comments: