Friday, December 29, 2017

Friday Favorites: Goodbye 2017

This is my last post of 2017! How can that be!? 2017 was my first full year blogging and I am still loving every minute of it! I would like to start this post by thanking each and every one of you who have been apart of my blogging journey - thank you for reading! It is so exciting to see how my blog has grown! I cannot wait to find out what 2018 will bring!

 1. This week has been all about cleaning in my house! On Tuesday, my whole family went through their cupboards - we listened to some good music and cleaned everything! I emptied my closet out onto my floor and went through it all. I'm embarrassed to admit that this was just half of my closet! Doesn't it look like an episode of What Not to Wear? I learned two lessons while cleaning. #1 - I need to cool it on the shopping and #2 - I should never ever say "I have nothing to wear." Once we separated everything, we had huge piles to donate!

2. While the Bean was cleaning, she found all sorts of little gems! These two drawings are by seven year old Bean. Finn is our dog. He's a small white Havanese. No, he is not purple and he has never work a dress! Now, the back side of the paper where she re-traced his eyes and wrote I'm watching you, I cannot even begin to explain. I mean, I just don't know! We had a good laugh over this! She brought all sorts of crazy to show me during her cleaning!
3. I talked about my Love Your Melon hat yesterday, but I have to gush about it again! I love it! Yes, I love my hat, but I really love that fifty percent of every purchase is donated pediatric cancer research. These hats started as a project in a university entrepreneurship class, and now they have donated 3.8 million dollars to pediatric cancer research! So while I adore sporting my hat, I love the cause that I am supporting even more! On a side note, it has been bitterly cold in Montreal lately. We are currently under and extreme cold warning! It has been about -35°C (or -31°F)! So I took this picture inside because there is no way I am going outside just to snap a picture!

4. Every year, my family goes to a New Years party and I always bring a little dessert. After much brainstorming and some research, I decided on Cookies n' Cream cupcakes! I'm thinking a chocolate cupcake (because that's what I do best) with a cookies n' cream buttercream frosting and an Oreo pressed into the top of each cupcake! What do you think? These are still very much in the design phase! I would love some ideas!
5. And to wrap up 2017, I'm talking about my favorite post from this year - The Wormy Walk of 2017. Ugh yes, those are all worms! I don't like worms and seeing all of these worms freaked me out! Just reading the post over made me squirm! I can't believe I took all of those pictures! While I don't like creepy crawlies, I am so glad I have this post to look back on! That day at the sugar shack was one of my favorite days of 2017 and even though it's a totally gross post, I am so glad it's on my blog! I think it was a once in a lifetime experience and I don't think I'll ever forget it!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites. 

Happy New Year!







No comments:

Post a Comment