Friday, February 2, 2018

Friday Favorites: Hello February

Hello everyone! Happy Friday and Happy February! I've been seeing a few Instagram posts about how long January felt and it is so true! January feels like it was much longer than 31 days! And it is just plain cold! I am really looking forward to some warmer weather - spring break will bring a nice little taste of that! Here are some favorites from this week...

1. This week, I shared the recipe for some fabulous brown butter pecan cookies. If you missed this recipe, you are going to want to head write over! These cookies are so so good! You can find the recipe HERE. I don't know how to describe how delicious these cookies are - they are just to good! The brown butter and brown sugar combo paired with the pecans is so good! Also, huge plus - I was able to make these cookies gluten free! Major bonus, right!?
2. And since we're talking about pecans, I have a question for you - how do you pronounce pecan? I saw this image this week and it made me laugh! I've always said 'pee-can' but someone told me years ago, that a 'pee-can' is a can that you pee in! What!? I just haven't been able to correct myself to say 'puh-kahn!' I'm curious to hear how you say pecan! Let me know in the comments below!

3. The Olympics are less than a week away - Wahoo! I adore the Olympics! I can't to watch it all but some of my favorites are figure skating, skiing and hockey (is that so Canadian of me!?)! I love watching Canadian athletes do their thing! I am especially excited to watch Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir skate in the Olympics one last time!
 4. On Wednesday, I posted a soundtrack to my life. I loved this post! It was so fun to write, I hope it is just as fun to read! I love talking about music & I really loved going through some of my favorite music over my lifetime. If you are interested in reading a rewind through my life in music, you can find it HERE. I know this is a blog post that I will love looking back on in years to come!

5. Today, my friend Jess are doing some baking together - ah! I'm so so excited! We are planning a little bit of festive Valentine's baking! We are both choosing a recipe to bake together and we will be sure to share it on both of our blogs! I'm so glad Jess started blogging and I know we have some fun collaborations in our future! In other news, I went looking for a picture of Jess and I and all I could find is a picture of us from Halloween when we were 14! No way am I posting that online! I will make sure we grab a picture together today!

**I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.   

My Friday is calling and I must go! I will be back on Monday with a song that I just can't quit!








6 comments:

  1. January did feel really long. Those cookies look so good and that pecan funny is too cute. I hope you have a great weekend! Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! Happy February :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! I'm popping over from the H54F link up. Those cookies look delish! Hooray for more baking this weekend! Enjoy that fun in the kitchen with your friend!
    Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and reading, Brenda! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

      Delete
  3. Those cookies look delicious. I'm allergic to dairy, but I read an article the other day that said that some people who are allergic to diary are still able to have clarified butter. I'm going to experiment with that this weekend. I hope it works so I can try these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm that's so interesting! I have never heard of clarified butter but I hope it works! They were so good! I'd love to hear if they work out! Thank you for reading, Angela!

      Delete