Friday, April 20, 2018

Friday Favorites: Is it still April?

Hello Friday! As usual, I'm linking up with a few other bloggers to share my favorite things from this week! February and March sped right by but it feels like April is taking its sweet time. I think because I have a few things I'm looking forward to in May, the days are feeling slow! Today, I'm wrapping up my last two school assignments (for real, I have to get it together!) and then it is goodbye school until September!

1. Last weekend, I finally switched out the Bean's chalkboard! I have been wanting to do this for months, but it just always fell to the bottom of my to do list. I guess because in the grand scheme of things it doesn't actually make a difference, but it looks so so much better now! She used to have an old scratched up piece of chalkboard on her door. I took it down and replaced it with a fresh piece of chalkboard vinyl. I saw the Greatest Showman in theaters when it was first out and I loved this quote at the end of the movie! It is the perfect first quote for the new chalkboard! I keep a running list of quotes in my planner. I do my best to pick quotes that are relevant to her phase of life & Pinterest is my absolute favorite place to browse (for quotes and just about everything else!).

2. I snapped this picture on my way to work this week because I was wearing my Converse for the first time this season! It ended up being a bad choice because my toes nearly froze off, but I just couldn't bring myself to wear boots anymore! When I was in high school, everyone was wearing Converse. I mean, everyone! And I just didn't like them. I thought they were clunky and uncomfortable! That is, until I found these dainty converse (that's there name. But I do think they are more dainty!). Now I'm totally in the Converse club! These are way more my speed! 

3. Speaking of frozen toes - this weather is just wild! I am still wearing my winter coat in April! Monday was a weather day for all of the schools in our area! A weather day in April!? We got a little tease of Spring weather a couple of weeks ago but it has been bitterly cold since! I can't wait for some warm weather so I can wear my beloved converse without getting numb toes!
4. When my family was watching Gilmore Girls, I talked about it all the time! I adored that show and I still do in many ways but I am so into New Girl! New Girl is a completely different pace from Gilmore girls - it is lighter and offers many more comedic moments. Watching these TV shows as a whole family poses its challenges (mostly because we are all out on different nights of the week!), but we are loving every minute of New Girl! When I last talked about this show, I raved about Schmidt but now I am all about Winston!! Winston has me in stitches almost every episode! Schmidt still takes a close second though!
5. Did you catch this post yesterday? I shared a recipe for vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free muffins. My expectations were low when I was making these but they turned out so good! I know I will be making these over and over again because they make the best snack! Yes, they're delicious but they are also ridiculously easy to whip up! If you are looking for a great allergen safe snack, these are for you! You can find the recipe HERE.

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

See you on Monday, friends!


4 comments:

  1. I took a picture when I wore shoes other than boots for the first time this season too--ha!! I'm the same way, I couldn't bring myself to put those boots on again. I've been wearing a lighter jacket too, even in 30 degree temps, because I can't stand to put that parka back on.

    Also, so with you on New Girl. I was so happy to watch the premier but I'm so sad it's coming to an end. All those guys are so damn funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha great minds think alike! I so hope the warm weather is on its way! And same! I can hardly believe New Girl is coming to end! I'll have to find a new show! Have a fabulous weekend :)

      Delete
  2. I had to put away my boots for the season, too! I kept a pair of short booties out but LAWD I cannot be reminded of winter any longer, lol! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that is too funny! Maybe I should just put my boots away and winter would get the message! I've been keeping them out just in case! Thank you so much for reading, Brandi!

      Delete