Friday, July 13, 2018

Friday Favorites: 1 Week Until the Beach!

Hi friends! Welcome to another edition of Friday Favorites - I link up with some fellow bloggers to share my favorite things about the week! We are getting really close to family vacation time around here and I am pretty much beside myself! I have another great recipe to share next week along with some birthday fun - because not only are we leaving for vacation but I'll be celebrating my birthday as well! Ah I'm getting ahead of myself! Here are the best parts of this week...

1. First and foremost, last Friday I linked up my weekly favorites quick, quick before heading out of town for my cousin's wedding! It was a long day in the car, and rushing to get ready but once we got to the ceremony, it was just beautiful! I've always loved weddings and this one did not disappoint at all! All the little details were so well thought out and it made for a wonderful night! The first thing that caught my eye when we walked into the reception was this incredible doughnut bar! I mean, don't they look amazing!? I had a bite of the Bean's Lemon Meringue doughnut and it was to die for! I thought this doughnut bar was such a fun (and gorgeous!) alternative to the traditional cake!
2. I shared a little sneak peak of my dress and my shoes last week but here is my full look. The Bean wanted me to take some pictures of her and we only got around to it at the end of the night; I got her to grab a few of me as well! I think it was right after midnight when we snapped these pictures, hence the flats - it was a long day in heels! I loved my flats just as much as my heels though. I bought them super last minute but I'm so glad I did! I just know I'll wear these cute sandals over and over!
3. And since I'm sharing all the wedding things today, I thought I should also share the color I wore on my nails! I wore 'Find me an Oasis' by Essie! It's one of my favorite nail polish colors, especially in the summer! I was looking for something to catch the lighter colors in my dress and I think this color did it perfectly!
4. Okay! Onto other favorites this week! On Wednesday, one of my favorite girls came over to bake and watch a movies with me! Francesca and I made these fabulous turtle cookies (that you would never know are gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free!) and we watched the Proposal! I love, love, love baking with friends and we had the best time making these cookies! I shared this recipe a little while ago, you can find it HERE.
5. Next week, we leave for the beach and I could not be more excited about it! I love our little beach town, I love reading by the waves, I love walking in the sand - I'm ready for it all! Yesterday, I almost started packing! I wish I was kidding, but I seriously contemplated getting my packing started because I'm ready to go (also I love packing!). There are the cutest little boardwalks that lead us to the beach (this picture is from last year) and that is my favorite walk every year! Getting over the sand dunes and catching that first glimpse of the ocean is the best!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment