Monday, July 23, 2018

Music for Monday: Island in the Sun

We made it to the beach and it is just as perfect as ever! Every year, when we drive into the little beach town, we drive over a set of train tracks and all of a sudden you can smell the ocean. It's the absolute best part of the drive, we all roll our windows down to get that first bit of salty sea! I'm so looking forward to the fun that's to come in the next 2 weeks and I'm going to try to blog it all! The operative word being try! Just like last year, I'm going to prioritize my family and friends that are with me and if I have time to sit down and blog, I will! I already have some posts in the works for while I'm here (like meal planning on vacation) but otherwise I'm just going to go with the flow!

Now, onto the music! I was going to post songs from Drake's new album that I have been loving! In fact, I was going to post some Drake for the past 2 weeks, but there has always been something going on! I promise the Drake will come! But for today, I'm going with a song from one of my favorite movies that gives me all the beach vibes!

Island in the Sun - Weezer
This song just screams summer and little beach town to me! I love it! And I love that it was in Aquamarine - I loved that movie when I was younger & I think it might always be one of my favorite nostalgic movies! 

We've had some pretty ugly rain going on yesterday, so I'm hoping for a little sunshine!




No comments:

Post a Comment