Wednesday, September 26, 2018

What's Up Wednesday {09/26/2018}

Today, I'm trying something a little new - the What's up Wednesday link up hosted by Sheaffer, Mel & Shay. I usually only link up for my Friday Favorites post, but thought it might be fun to try something new with this What's up Wednesday post! This link up gives me prompts to share a little about what I've been up to! 

WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK:
 We have been all about easy meals around here lately. There was a little calm before the storm where I thought Is the Fall really that busy? Oh what an innocent thought! We had a nice little lull before the busy but now we are all in a hundred different places at once! So, dinners have been quick, most often made ahead and sometimes even take out.
One of my all time faves - Honey Dijon chicken with rice and broccoli. I've just noted to post a recipe for this soon!

Spaghetti Bolognese is easy to make ahead and get on the table fast! We had spaghetti squash with bolognese sauce earlier this week. Pesto is fast too! I whipped up a batch of pesto on Monday evening and it will make a quick meal with some chicken later this week! 
And on nights when we barely have time to put the food in our mouths, much less make it; we eat Copper Branch! If you are local to Montreal, Copper Branch is a must try! I always have the Aztec salad but the Bean claims that Copper Branch makes the best poutine!

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT:
The Beach. I'm missing summer vacation big time! 

WHAT I'M LOVING:

Our Fall decor! I took down all of our Summer decor and put out all of the cozy Fall stuff! It's a pumpkin fest in here and I couldn't love it any more!
WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:
Last weekend was an Anne Hathaway movie spectacular! We watched The Princess Diaries 1 & 2 and The Devil Wears Prada. I forgot how much I love the Princess Diaries - such a fun, light chick flick!

WHAT I'M DREADING:
One of my friends told me that we are in for a wicked winter in Montreal and sure enough, this is what I found online:


Y'all this has me considering hibernation! I love snow on Christmas but I am so not ready for the 'teeth-chattering' cold!

WHAT I'M WORKING ON:
I mentioned on Monday that I'm starting to put together music for my skating students' year end show. The show is in March but I like to get a head start wherever I can! I have a fun disco remix planned and I'm starting to work on music for my other groups. I'm thinking an Elvis theme or a Beach Boys/Surf theme would be super cute! Whenever I have down time, you can find me at my computer cutting music. 

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT:
 California! My Dad turned 50 earlier this month and we surprised him with a trip to California! Our big trip is just a little over 3 months away and we are so excited to go! 

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING:
 I'm still working my way through Gossip Girl. My friend, Hannah got me hooked on this show and I just can't stop now! It goes through periods of being really good then being just okay. I had stopped watching for a while but it just got good again and I got sucked right back in!
I'm reading this cute book called Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch. Unfortunately when I start back to school reading falls to the bottom of my priority list, but I've been picking up this book whenever I can. It's set in Italy and it makes the most perfect little escape from reality! 

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO:
Old Pine by Ben Howard
 On Monday night, I was working on some school work and I just couldn't quit this song.

WHAT I'M WEARING:
Rain boots & Rain jackets & any other rain gear I can find in my house! It has been dreary and rainy around here all week and it isn't supposed to clear up any time soon! My umbrella is working double time this week! 

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND:
A little bit of school work - the workload is starting to thicken & I have to study! A little bit of baking - I love that the weekends allow for a little more time in the kitchen! The weekends are when I work on most of my blog content! Some skating - I kick off my weekend by skating every Saturday morning and it is my very favorite way to start every weekend! And last but not least we'll be celebrating my Mom's birthday! My Mom's birthday is actually today, but we have a little but of birthday fun planned for this weekend!
WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
Did someone say Fall? October kicks off my favorite season of all - Fall! It leads into Thanksgiving and Halloween! October-December is my favorite time of the whole year!
WHAT ELSE IS NEW?
We have some big renovation plans underway for the Fall/Winter this year! Our renovation has been in the works for quite a while and it is so exciting to see it coming closer! I'm not sure how much of the reno I'll share on my blog, but I'm sure parts of it will be talked about! The renovation is the big buzz around here right now!

BONUS QUESTIONS: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO EAT OR DRINK PUMPKIN? 
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles = Fall treat perfection! If you are looking for a great Fall dessert that is easy to make, these are for you! 
But if are more of a savory person, these pumpkin dinner rolls might be for you! These pumpkin dinner rolls look so festive, but they taste even better than they look! 

See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment