Thursday, October 19, 2017

Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles

I know I've been a little Pumpkin Spice crazy lately, but 'tis the season, right? I promise I'll lay off the pumpkin spice once Christmas rolls around, but until then it's all pumpkin spice, all the time! I made these pumpkin spice snickerdoodles, thinking they would be good but they were way more than just good! They were so light and fluffy with such a perfect subtle pumpkin spice flavor! I delivered these to a few different people and I got rave reviews all around! Two or three people told me that they don't like pumpkin spice but they loved these cookies!

This recipe is from Number 2 Pencil, you can find the original HERE. Let's get started!
Start by combining 1 cup of softened butter and 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree in a medium mixing bowl.
Next, mix in 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Then, add in 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 egg.
Gradually mix in 2 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour. I switched to spatula after mixing in the flour so that I could scrape down the sides of the bowl.

At this point the dough is just not at a good consistency to be handled. Trust me, I tried! You know that I hate waiting while my dough is in the fridge, but it is necessary with this recipe. So, refrigerate your dough for at least 2 hours, or put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. I went with the freezer option and it worked great!
While the dough is chilling, combine 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice. I halved this from the original recipes recommendation. I ended up having to mix a little extra by eye, but it covered 45 of the 48 cookies.
Use a Tablespoon to separate the dough into balls and roll each ball in sugar. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper (I use my beloved silicone liners) and place the rolled dough along the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the cookies for for about 10 minutes. My cookies needed 4 minutes longer, so they were in for 14 minutes total! When the cookies come out of the oven, leave them on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.


PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLES
yield: 48 cookies

ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour

for the sugar coating...
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice

directions
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar and vanilla.
2. Mix in the baking powder, pumpkin spice, salt and the egg until well combined.
3. Gradually mix in the all-purpose flour.
4. Once the dough is combined you will need to chill it. Place it in the fridge for at least 2 hours or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. In a small mixing bowl, combine the sugar coating by mixing the granulated sugar and pumpkin spice.
6. When the dough is chilled, use a Tablespoon to separate the dough into balls. Roll each separated piece of dough into a ball, then roll the dough in the pumpkin spice sugar.
7. Place the rolled dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
8. Preheat the over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the cookies for 10-14 minutes.
9. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment