Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Sewing Tips?

Yesterday, I talked about sewing eye pillows & today, I'm asking (or maybe begging? 😉) for some sewing help! I am pretty decent crafter, but I just have never been able to get the hang of sewing! I have way more busts than I do successes. But I would like to tip this ratio towards more successes with your help!

So my first question - how do begin? Easy projects? With pre-made patterns? By taking a class? Is it just a trial and error process? I would love to hear any tips or tricks you may have for beginner sewers! I need all the help I can get!

And my second question - what kind of projects are easy to sew? I've been browsing through Pinterest and I don't know how to begin! Here are some of my ideas:
My first thought is a table cloth! Am I right in thinking that a simple rectangle is easy enough to sew? Is giving boxed corner a try a little too ambitious? I've been looking at this tutorial lots! I would love to make a boxed corner table cloth for the Bean's birthday party!
I've also been looking at projects like this bag! Isn't it fun?! I am so guilty of looking at projects like this and thinking 'that doesn't look too complicated, I can totally do that!.' But who knows if I could really do this! Is a project like this do-able for a very beginner sewer? I would love your thoughts!?

Ok and here is where I will likely sound completely insane, but bear with me! These next three projects are what I would like to work towards!
How pretty is that apron? I would love to learn to make aprons like that, but should I be waiting? Should I try easier projects first and work my way towards an apron? Let me know!

I know quilting is a lengthy process, but I would love to be able to make beautiful table runners like these as well as other quilted projects! If you have any quilting tips for beginners, I would love to hear them!

Well, I think I've asked enough questions for one post! Thank you, thank you for all of your input! I can't wait to get started! I will be sure to share any success stories with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment