Friday, November 2, 2018

Friday Favorites: Hello November!

This semester is kicking my booty and I am always so happy to see Friday roll around! I have 4 weeks of classes left and you better believe I am counting down! I am looking forward to all things Christmas and we have a renovation in the works that I can't wait to see bounce into action! So many exciting things coming up, but for today, I'm sharing the very best parts of this week. let's get to it!


1. Last weekend, I went to the Skate Canada International Competition that was held in Montreal and it was incredible! It is so interesting to see the skaters warm up, interact with their coaches then mentally prep themselves to skate. Being at a competition gives you insight into how elite figure skaters train and I loved every minute of it! I was so motivated to get on the ice this week after watching such great skaters! The second picture is of Elladj Balde and Keegan Messing after the gala skate, they both put on jerseys from a local hockey team and were doing back flips on the ice - so so cool to see live!!
2. After the Skate Canada International Gala, I walked to Cocoa 70 with my mama. Cocoa 70 is a local chocolate based restaurant and we had the best Mexican hot chocolate! It was just the right amount of spice and the perfect amount of chocolate - what a great treat after an afternoon in a chilly arena!
3. Also at Cocoa 70, we picked up some chocolate bars to bring home to my Dad and the Bean. They had such a fun selection of chocolate bars but we decided on mint and coffee. Coffee is my Dad's favorite flavor and mint is just an all around fave in my house! I love that Cocoa 70 has yummy vegan & gluten free options!
4. I can't let this post go by without mentioning Halloween! I hope you all had a fabulous, sweet filled Halloween! Halloween falling mid-week was a little strange - it was hard to go back to school on Thursday. BUT! I loved getting to deliver some Halloween treats to friends in these darling bags. We picked these up off season in the dollar section at Target and they make a great wrapping for treats around this time of year! And what are in these treat bags, you ask?
5. These EPIC chocolate chip cookies! I have tried many chocolate chip cookie recipes since eliminating some foods but none have compared to these!! These cookies have pecans, caramel and chocolate chips in them and they are so good! I have shared these with so many friends, my boss, my skating coach and just about everyone else I know and they get rave reviews all around! If you are looking for a great gluten free, vegan and sugar free cookie option these are for you!! You can find the recipe HERE.

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

Happy weekend, friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment