Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday Favorites: Happy New Year!

Happy new year everyone! I am so happy to kick off another year of blogging! I took a little blogging break over the holidays and I am coming back all kinds of refreshed! I'm excited to share new recipes, craft projects and all the other things in between. For today, I'm linking up to share a few of my favorite things with you...



1. Guess what? I'm excited for this semester! It has been a hot minute since I've been excited for something school related. Last semester was tough and I was so not into it. I am happy to report that I love every single one of my teachers and I am genuinely interested in the content I'm learning. This semester is exactly what I need after last semester!
2. I got my Mom Cara Reed's Decadent Gluten Free & Vegan Baking cookbook for Christmas and I am so excited to start baking from it! I chose this cookbook because the thin mint girl guide cookies get such great reviews! Thin Mints are one of my Mom's very favorite cookies and I can't wait to try an allergen friendly version! I know I'll be sharing many recipes from this book in the near future - stay tuned :)
3. Did you catch my post about my intention for 2019? If you are curious, you can read it all HERE. A poem in Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Journal really guided me in choosing my intention for this year. However, the magazine as a whole is SO good! I loved reading about her Christmas traditions, her hosting and party tips and of course, her decor ideas! I really appreciated the balance of serious, heartfelt content and light, fun material in this magazine. it made for the most perfect plane read!
4. I will continue to recap my days in California next week but I just had to share this quick little spoiler - On one of the days, we went skating! Yes, we went skating in San Diego, California and I showed off some of my worst skating skills ever. And, I don't say that lightly. I'm a solid skater but put me choppy ice with unsharpened skates and I pretty much fell apart! I was so anxious to get home and put my real skates back on! Skating on Wednesday night was absolute perfection - it was so good to be back on my home ice with my good skates!

5. My skating kiddos are skating to a latin remix this year and it is so darn cute! They started learning the choreography this week and I've started brainstorming for costumes and I can't get enough! I am so excited to see this little routine come together! That being said, when I'm working on choreography, I listen to music over and over again. So, all week I've had Conga by Gloria Estefan stuck in my head! Chances are I'll be singing 'Come on shake your body baby do that conga' in my head for the next 3 months :)

Have a fabulous weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment