Friday, February 22, 2019

Friday Favorites: Goodbye February

This week absolutely and positively kicked my booty. I know I've said this on my blog before but, teaching is no joke. I know that many people in our world have hard jobs, and I don't want to discredit the work that others do. But, man - teaching is hard! Keeping up with 30 kiddos and making sure they all feel loved while they're on their own little learning curve is tough! My lack of blog posts this week, was out of complete exhaustion. I so wish I had the energy to come home and blog, but that just didn't happen this week. I'm hoping to rally in future weeks and get some fun posts up. But over the next 6 weeks while I'm on internship, I'm going to put less pressure on myself to blog.

All of that being said, this week was so good! I had a great last couple of days before I started teaching and this week has been full of little moments of happy. So today, I'm sharing some of the highlights from my week...

1. Last Saturday, i got to go skiing with friends and it was so much fun! I haven't been skiing in a while and it was so fun to ski again! We were cold, cold, cold by the end of the day but we had the best time on the slopes!

2. On Sunday, I saw Beautiful - The Carole King musical and it was incredible! I learned so much about Carole King in my pop music class in the Fall and I was so excited to see this show. I loved this show and it has me really wanting to see a Broadway show. I saw Wicked on Broadway when I was 15 and I've been itching to see another show since!
3. One of the best parts of my week, was coming home on Tuesday evening and watching Gilmore Girls. I've watched this show through twice (once on my own and once with my family). And, while I'm not ready to commit to watching it through again, I love watching an episode or two every once in a while. There is just something so comforting about snuggling up with tea and watching Gilmore Girls.
4. And since we're talking Gilmore Girls, I just have to share one of my recent Cricut projects. This shirt is actually going to a friend but I got the Bean to model it for me so I could take a picture and I love how it turned out! The picture didn't turn out great mostly because the Bean was being super silly - she insisted on wearing the shirt over her onesie and standing in some questionable lighting. But, I worked with what she was giving me! I will do my best to get a better picture once this shirt is gifted!
5. One of my favorite parts of teaching are the little quiet moments during hectic days. Yes, I love the kids and I love actually teaching but there's something so magical about a quiet minute. On Wednesday, my kiddos had just left for gym and I realized it was just me in a deserted classroom - perfect to re-group and get ahead on planning!

I haven't been in the classroom since Fall 2018, and I completely forgot how often kids say your name. If you ever feel like hearing your name 600 times a day, go into teaching. I've been singing "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child all week long. I was joking with my kids yesterday that I'm going to start a Miss Mackenzie jar - every time they say my name, they need to put a dollar in the jar ;)

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment