Friday, January 31, 2020

Friday Faves: A Whole Lot Going On

It has been a hot minute since I've done a little Friday round up, so I have lots to share! There is a whole lot going on around here lately - our reno is pretty much done so we are moving back in and decorating. I am still skating and coaching. And, I'm teaching grade 5 full time right now. Nuts! The next couple of weeks are nuts, but I am holding on for the calm after the storm. Let's get to some of my favorite things...

On my way home from work, I always have major heart eyes for the string lights hung up down the main street in town. I work in a teeny tiny town that is kind of Stars Hollows-ish. It's pretty, it's very community oriented, everybody knows everybody and they have string lights on main street. Sounds like Stars Hallow right? I always drive super slow down this street just to soak up all the twinkle light joy.
It's official - I am a crazy dog lady. This girl stole my heart and I might be crossing over into crazy person status. Usually my phone is loaded with food pictures, but lately it's all puppy! Our Poppy girl is the best. Seriously the best! She is so snuggly and sweet with the best little bit of sass mixed in!
My fifth graders had a stop motion workshop this week, and I was nervous before hand. It was 3 1/2 hours straight of stop motion and I didn't know if it would take with my kids. But, they proved me wrong and they crushed it. Their behavior was beyond impeccable, they were super respectful with the equipment and they made seriously great movies! And yes, that is one of my boys without his shoes on in this picture - Reminding kids to put their indoor shoes on and keep them on their feet has become the bane of my existence.
It is no secret that I am big Hilary Duff fan. My sister was making fun of me the other day because I used to wear Duff Stuff (Hilary Duff's clothing line) when I was younger. I am totally not ashamed of that. In fact, I would still wear Duff Stuff today if I could. Ha okay maybe not, but I just love Hilary Duff.

When I discovered that her show 'Younger' is on Amazon Prime, I knew that I had to watch it and I'm impressed with how good it is! Hilary Duff being on the show is what convinced me to start but I'm hooked! The show is about a woman in her 40s who pretends to be 26 to get a job. The show follows all of her adventures as she pretends to be a millennial.

This is still not 100% confirmed but I am too excited not to share! The World Figure Skating Championships are coming to Montreal in March and I am hoping to volunteer at the event! I've submitted all of my applications but the selection process is more intense than I was expecting! I am crossing my fingers and toes that I get to volunteer at this event. I've been watching the National championships recently and just giddy over the fact that I may get to see some of these programs in person. There are some incredible skaters on the competitive circuit this year; it would be such an amazing experience to see it all in action! 

Thank you for reading! I hope this weekend is full of fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment