Thursday, March 19, 2020

The Good ❤

Oh Man! It has been a hot minute since I've been able to sit down and write a blog. But, this whole social distancing/self isolation/quarantining thing has provided me with oodles of time - to craft, to watch way too many movies and yes, to blog!

When we got home from Spring Break, I was SO looking forward to volunteering at the Worlds of figure skating, the year end show for my skating kiddos and a potential teaching contract at a local elementary school. But now all of that is on hold or completely cancelled. When I went into work last Thursday (just a week ago, but it feels like a life time ago!), I was starting to hear rumblings that we were about to experience a big change. That evening, we started hearing about all the shut downs. By 10pm pretty much everything came to an abrupt stop. Worlds was called off, my skating program was cancelled indefinitely and schools are shut down until further notice.

I know there is a lot of negativity everywhere we look (social media especially). But among the panic and the fear, I have seen glimmers of hope & love that make my heart so happy. Today, I am sharing a little round up of all the good going around lately.

The air around the world is cleaner, less pollutants entering the sea, streets are less noisy. 
Families are spending time together, less planes flying around the world, luxury cruise ships are not dirtying up the sea. People are looking at local solutions for needs, and taking time to wash their hands.
The hectic pace of the world has slowed. We're breathing consciously; grateful for being alive.
Yes, we will overcome this virus. But I hope we fall in love with this new way of being.
- author unknown

My cousin shared this on Instagram yesterday and I just want to shout it from the roof tops. I don't want to minimize how challenging this season is, because I know it is difficult and heart wrenching. But, I do want to highlight the beauty and there is something beautiful happening to our earth right now amidst the chaos.

I love Jennifer Gardner but I especially love what she is doing during the quarantine! If you need a smile, I highly recommend scrolling through the posts under this hashtag - just pure goodness!


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ellen DeGeneres (@theellenshow) on
Much like Jennifer Garner, Ellen is fabulous anytime of year but she is especially wonderful during social distancing, right? I mean, I highly recommend taking a second and watching everything she's posted recently. It starts with this post and it all goes downhill (or perhaps uphill...?) from here :)

 And finally, the last piece of internet gold right now goes to Jimmy Fallon! One of my friends texted me the other day and said this was the best 9 minutes of her quarantine experience so far - ha! And you know, I might have to agree! This is quality entertainment!

I'm hoping to get another post up a.s.a.p. I've been documenting every movie I watch in 2020 and I'm thinking I'll share what I've watched so far in case you need some ideas. In the meantime, wash your hands & stay home. Thanks for keeping our world safe :)




No comments:

Post a Comment