Thursday, February 15, 2018

Sugar Free Chocolate Smoothie

Y'all, I have been sugar free for 9 days now. This is the longest I have gone without sugar in a long time. I mean, probably since I was an toddler! There's good and bad - mostly good though! For one, I haven't has a headache in 9 days! I used to get headaches often, but I've been headache free! The other change I've noticed is I have more consistent positive energy. This is obviously great! I've been loving it. Since going sugar free, I've found that I have energy during the day and I'm tired when it's time for me to sleep - that has been pretty fabulous!

The one thing I've been struggling with is, sometimes I just want sugar! I want to eat something quick and snack-y - you know? I've been able to satisfy these cravings with a fruit or by just drinking water. Is it fun? No. But it works! Yesterday, I really wanted something sweet! It was Valentine's Day and I just wanted a treat, darn it! One day, this will be an option, but for now I am choosing not to indulge. So I went looking for an alternative and this is what I ended up making...

A Coco-Banana Smoothie! And it was so so good! I know I will be making a lot of these in the future! They are easy and they are so delicious! Here is how to make one of these fun smoothies...

Add one cup of non-dairy milk to a blender. Two notes here - I used cashew milk (It's my favorite non-dairy milk) and I use a Nutribullet as a blender. Next, Add in 1 frozen banana, 2 teaspoon of hemp hearts, 2 teaspoons of cacao powder and 1 Tablespoons of nut butter - I use cashew butter. Blend it all up and it's good to go!
Yes, it's different from a typical chocolate smoothie but it is totally a good stand-in! I enjoyed mine in a mason jar (because everything's better in a mason jar!) with a pink straw (because it was Valentine's Day!).

COCO-BANANA SMOOTHIE
yield: 1 smoothie

ingredients
1 cup non-dairy milk (I use cashew milk)
1 banana, frozen
2 teaspoon hemp hearts
2 teaspoons cacao powder
1 Tablespoon nut butter (I use cashew butter)

directions
1. Add all of the ingredients to the blender (I use a Nutribullet). Blend the ingredients together and enjoy!

I would love to hear if you try this! I would also love to hear any recommendations you have for me - do you have any smoothie recipes you love?



No comments:

Post a Comment