Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Ranch Popcorn

Today, I'm sharing a quick and easy recipe for ranch popcorn! This was such a fun treat to have and I can't wait to try other popcorn flavors. I found this recipe on Pinterest & it was so easy to whip up! Usually, I do a bit of work on my pictures before posting a recipe but I'm not doing that today. I will go back to doing that when I get home, but I'm going to take a little break from picture editing and enjoy some family time at the beach!

Tomorrow, I'll be wrapping up the Bean's birthday and sharing her gifts! Then on Thursday, I'll be sharing little bits about our week at the beach!

Ok, for the popcorn - start by melting 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil in a large saucepan. I melted the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Just keep a close eye on it because it melts fast!

Once the oil is melted, add three kernels of popcorn to the oil. Cover the saucepan, turn the burner up to high heat and wait for all three kernels to pop. I recommend putting on some oven mits and swishing the pot around (does that make sense? I don't know how to better explain it! But, hold the lid securely on the pot and swoosh it all around a little.)
Once the three kernels pop, add 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels to the pot and put the lid back on. Leave the burner on high heat - you can turn it down a little though. Continue to swoosh the pot around every couple of minutes. Eventually, the popcorn kernels will start popping (you will hear them!). Wait until the popping stops before you remove the pot from the burner and take off the lid.
Let the popcorn sit while you mix up the spices to season the popcorn. In a very small dish, combine 1 Tablespoon of onion flakes, 2 teaspoons of parsley leaves, 2 teaspoons of basil leaves, 1 teaspoon of dill weed, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt (I used pink Himalayan sea salt).

Transfer the popcorn to a large mixing bowl and melt a little more coconut oil in the remaining heat of the saucepan. I think I used about 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil. Pour the melted coconut oil over the popcorn and toss the popcorn around. Sprinkle the seasoning over the popcorn and toss to evenly distribute the flavors.

When my family makes a big bowl of popcorn for a movie night, we bring little bowls to scoop servings for everyone while we watch. This is one of our favorite snacks & I will report back as we try different flavors!




No comments:

Post a Comment