Friday, June 2, 2017

Friday Favorites: Hello June!

I can't believe it's June! I know I say this every month but sometimes it really feels like I'm living in fast forward sometimes! Ferris Bueller's quote "Life moves pretty fast, If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it" has been on my mind lately. I've really been trying to slow down and be present in every moment. I have definitely not been living crazy like Ferris! I've just been trying to slow down BIG time! Here is a little look at what's going on around here:
1. I mean, does this picture really look like anything!? Not really, but it's a bonfire! One of the girls that I go to school with hosted a bonfire in her backyard last weekend and it was so much fun! I love sitting fireside and snacking on s'mores with friends! Some of the girls at the party had never had a s'more in their life - huh!? I didn't even realize this was a possibility!!

2. And because I hate showing up to a party empty handed, I whipped up some of my favorite Peanut Butter Brownies to bring along! You can find my recipe HERE. The hostess of the party tried the brownies right away and decided she couldn't bear sharing them with other party goers. So she hid them away in her fridge. I have to say, I feel the same way about these brownies!! Sharing them is so hard!

3. I met this sweet girl through skating years and years ago (she was five!!) and she graduated from high school on Monday! I helped Francesca curl her hair and then we snapped some quick pics before she had to run off to her ceremony! Of course, I had to bring her a few peanut butter brownies as well!

4. I've been pinning salads like crazy on Pinterest lately! These are the salads that I have my eye on for the next few weeks - a tuscan tortellini salad, a mixed berry salad with strawberry balsamic vinaigrette, a greek pasta salad, a balsamic caprese pasta salad, and a cilantro lime chicken salad with mango and avocado. Do you think my crew will get sick of salads!? If you have any salad recipes that you love, please leave me a comment or send me an email!

5. The Bean's Dance show is this week and even though I got a sneak preview of her dances last weekend at the rehearsal, I am still so excited to see her do her thing! I have been planning such a fun little after recital treat for her and I am so excited to give it to her and then share it with all of you!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

I hope you get to enjoy a little sunshine this weekend!






4 comments:

  1. I pin salads like crazy on my recipes board on pinterest! I like having them all in one place so I can look them up when I want to make one! Aw dance recital weekend is so special!!

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm heading over to your Pinterest a.s.a.p. to find some yummy salads!! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Never had a s'more?! Oh my goodness those poor people! I need to check out some of those summer salads, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I could not believe it! I hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete