Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Favorites: a little bit of everything :)

I am so glad to see this week come to an end - not because it wasn't enjoyable but because I need a little rest! I am looking forward to this weekend! Keeping up with a room full of six year olds is no joke! This week was full of so much goodness, here is a little recap...

1. Invented Spelling - just melts my heart! And while I am totally fawning over the cuteness, I am also realizing how challenging the English language is! Why is there no 'e' at the end of 'happy' when we so clearly hear the sound 'e'? Why is there no 'i' in 'my' when we so clearly hear the sound 'i'? And how does one explain this to a six year old!
 
2. Cold 911 - I tried this tea from David's tea when I was sick very briefly over the summer and I had to get a whole tin! It is so good! I'm not sick yet, but I'm anticipating being sick any day and I want to do all that I can to prevent! I am washing my hands like a mad woman, I'm taking vitamins every morning, I'm trying to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night and I am drinking a whole lot of Cold 911! At first, it kind of tastes like you're drinking Vick's Vapor Rub, but I've gotten used to it and I love it!
3. Pumpkin Spice Lattes - Last week I mentioned that I had never tried a pumpkin spice latte - scandal, right!? Well, this has since been rectified! I tried one last week and it was perfection! I am so not a fan of coffee, so I actually prefer Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolates! I loved the latte, but I've been having hot chocolates since! I have a great recipe that I will share soon!

4. Poached Pears - Does this have you all kinds of confused!? I sure was confused when we were at a friend's house and they told us this was for dessert. I was confused and big time skeptical! I had only ever heard of poached egg and I didn't not want a pear resembling a poached egg! Well it tuns out it's nothing like a poached egg and I had no need to fear! The poached pears were so good. They were just boiled for a little while they served with ice cream! So fun!

5. My sweet friend, Hannah who is thousands of miles away in Poland is doing the best job blogging! I know I gushed about her blog just 2 short weeks ago, but I'm going to do it all over again! I remember how nerve wracking blogging was at first (and still is, sometimes!). I am so impressed that she is able to maintain a wonderful blog while learning a brand new language, getting used to a new school, living away from home for the first time... I could go on and on! I know she is being challenged in Poland, but I know she is so capable of taking on every challenge she encounters! I highly, highly recommend checking out her blog! You can find her little online space HERE.

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

Happy Friday!


6 comments:

  1. How did you get that pumpkin in your pumpkin spiced hot chocolate? So Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a toothpick! It's much easier than it looks! I will get a post up about it a.s.a.p. :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Pumpkin spice latte is sooooo good. I like it best with espresso, but I suppose hot chocolate could work on a snowy slope-side day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok with pumpkin Spice anything and everything! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

      Delete