Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Carrot Chips

There is just over a week left of February and I cannot believe it! How is the world did February go by so fast!? Crazy! Today, I'm talking about a recipe that was just so-so but I would love your suggestions! I made these carrot chips last week because I really wanted something snack-y! These were good right after they came out of the oven but they weren't so good the next day. They got soggy. They still tasted good, but I couldn't get into a soggy chip. If you have any ideas about adjustments I could make to improve this recipe, I would love to hear them!

I made a small batch because I wanted to see if the recipe worked before making a bigger batch! I'm glad I didn't make too many! Wash, dry and peel 3 carrots.I used a grater for a bit but then I switched back to the peeler to shave pieces of carrot off.
Add the grated carrots to a small mixing bowl and toss about a Tablespoons of olive oil into the carrots. Next, mix in a little sea salt and cinnamon - I added the sea salt and cinnamon by eye.
Once the cinnamon and sea salt are evenly distributed among the carrots, spread the carrots over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Try to separate the carrots as much as possible.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the carrots for about 12-15 minutes until the edges begin to curl up and the carrots are starting to get crispy. After the first bake, remove the carrots from the oven and flip each of the chips over. Put the carrot chips back in the oven for 5-8 minutes until they are completely crisp.

Like I mentioned above, these were really good when I took them out of the oven. They are crispy and really flavorful! I let them cool completely then packaged them in a ziplock bag and the next day they were so soggy! I will definitely experiment with making vegetable chips again in the near future and I will update you on how they turn out! In the meantime, if you have suggestions for me, please share!

CARROT CHIPS

ingredients
3 medium carrots
1 Tablespoon olive oil
sea salt
cinnamon

directions
1. Wash and peel the carrots. Then use a grater or a peeler to shave pieces off of the carrots.
2. Place the carrots in a small mixing bowl and toss in the olive oil and a little sea salt and cinnamon.
3. Spread the carrots out across a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the carrots for 12-15 minute until the edges are beginning to curl and they are crisping.
5. Remove the carrots from the oven, flip each carrot over and place then back in the oven for another 5-8 minutes until they are completely crispy.
6. Let the carrots cool completely, then store them in an air tight container.

See you tomorrow,


No comments:

Post a Comment