Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday Favorites: Is It Fall Yet?

As last weekend was approaching, I was so ready for Fall! The temperature had dropped quite a bit, there were a few leaves on the ground, it really started to feel like Fall! But, as I'm writing this it's 30° Celcius outside! It feels like Summer all over again. This kind of temperature fluctuation is so typical of Montreal. Especially as the season is changing, we get quite a bit of inconsistency temperature wise! I'm still so ready for Fall but this last little heat wave is a nice goodbye to summer!

1. One of our meals this week was pesto on spaghetti squash topped with some grilled chicken and some vegan Parmesan. Pesto has always been one of my favorite things and it is so good with spaghetti squash! I used to be a total pasta girl, but now I'd have spaghetti squash over pasta any day!
2. Did you catch my post yesterday? I shared a recipe for delicious strawberry rhubarb muffins and I have since experimented with making those very muffins with apple instead of strawberry rhubarb. We loved the strawberry rhubarb muffins and we loved the apple ones too! They make a such a yummy Fall treat! I will share the recipe next week!

3. Speaking of Fall treats... I'm so ready for pumpkin everything! I love pumpkin season and I'm hoping to be able to go pumpkin picking this year. I've been looking up a couple local pumpkin picking places and they look so festive! I love that my family picks apples, and blueberries and our Christmas tree! I'm hoping to be able to start a new tradition on picking our pumpkins!
4. Did someone say pumpkins? As I was walking to school yesterday, I walked passed this beautiful display of pumpkins outside of a really cute local grocery place. This was my first pumpkin spotting of the year and it was all I needed to put a little skip in my step for the day! An 8 hour day of classes is much easier after a pumpkin spotting! 
5. Last weekend, my family watched Hidden Figures. I've been wanting to watch this movie since it first came out in early 2017 and it did not disappoint at all! It was engaging and challenging. It wasn't an easy watch but it was so good. We paused the movie several times just to have a little family discussion and take a minute to soak it all in. This movie showcased such a great balance of sad realities and triumphant victories. 

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed that pumpkin everything is back hot and heavy! Take advantage girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any pumpkin treats yet! I'll keep an eye out! Hope you had a fabulous weekend :)

      Delete