Monday, September 24, 2018

Music for Monday: Disco Fever?

Every year, my skating students have a show in March. The choreography and costuming usually happens much closer to show time, but I like to get a head start on whatever I can. In this case, I get ahead on the music. Even though the show is about 6 months away and I haven't even met my students for the season yet, I already have a rough idea of what they'll be skating to at the year end show. This way, there's no last minute song choosing or music cutting and when it's time to choreograph, I'm ready to go!

I likely have four groups to choreograph for this year, so I've been keeping a running list of music/themed ideas in my phone. So far, I have been most inspired by disco! Ha! I haven't listened to much disco in my life, but I've gotten my fill in the last couple of weeks! I'm thinking a disco remix would be so darn cute! Here is what I've been loving...
Together Again - Janet Jackson

September - Earth, Wind & Fire

Celebration - Kool & the Gang

Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees

Disco Inferno - The Trammps

Last Dance - Donna Summer
Is that enough disco for your Monday? I will likely be cut these songs together into some sort of disco remix. Once I have the music cut, I load it onto my iPod and listen to it whenever I can. Chances are, if you see me with headphones on between between now and March, I'll be listening to my students' show music and choreographing in my head!

I hope you have a happy day :)





No comments:

Post a Comment