Friday, October 26, 2018

Friday Favorites: Goodbye October & Goodbye Midterms

I am so relieved to see Friday roll around! I was buried in midterms this week and it is wonderful to be on the other side of the crazy studying! I am looking forward to a light load next week and I am starting to look forward to the end of the semester - 5 weeks left!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I didn't get to blog as much as I would have liked to this week, but I have so many fun posts in the works for next week! You'll get a little peak at some of them in my favorites...

1. Last Saturday, we went pumpkin picking! Well, we tried to go pumpkin picking. I will talk all about the dilemma we encountered in my post next week. Even though we ran into some minor snags, we still had the best time picking out pumpkins! We picked up a butternut squash and a spaghetti squash too - yum!

2. I talked about this in my favorites post last week, but I'm going to do it all over again this week - I launched a new program this year, designed to teach pre-school aged kids how to skate. It's a lot of work & planning but it is so worth it! The 3 and 4 year olds I am lucky enough to work with are the absolute cutest. They are like little sponges; they soak everything right up and they have improved so much in just 3 weeks! They infuse so much joy into my week. I'm a lucky skating coach this year!
3. Last night we had one of my all time favorite meals for dinner - Roasted Red Pepper Pesto with Pasta! Recently I converted this recipe so that it was allergen friendly and it was the best decision ever! This recipe was easy to adjust so that it is gluten free and vegan and it makes the most perfect week night meal! If you are looking for an easy to make, but delicious dinner recipe check this one out HERE.
4. Another highlight from this week - chocolate chip cookies! It took a minute to find a great chocolate chip cookie recipe that is also gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free but I found it and these cookies are just delightful! They taste like real chocolate cookies (not a tolerable gluten free copycat!) and they are so darn quick to put together! These cookies got big a thumbs up all around (even from my boss & some friends who aren't gluten free and vegan!). I'll share the recipe next week, but couldn't resist sharing a little spoiler - don't they look fabulous!?

5. Every Fall, I start checking the Christmas countdown (this one is my favorite) and it always puts a little spring in my step! There are 59 days until Christmas and I could not be more excited! Yesterday, I told my Mom that November bothers me because it's like a road block between me and Christmas. I don't actually wish time away but December cannot come soon enough! I'm ready for a little holiday spirit!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

Happy Friday, friends! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment