Friday, November 23, 2018

Friday Favorites: It's Freezing Cold!

There really is no better title for this post - it's darn cold in Montreal! Winter is here and it arrived in full force! Yesterday, it was -28 degrees celcius with the wind chill. Walking from building to building in between classes was pretty awful yesterday - I wore so many layers and I was still freezing! I'm hoping some warmer winter days are on the horizon!

1. I know I have been talking a lot about these brownies lately, but bear with me as I talk about them one more time because the recipe is finally up! You can find HERE. These espresso fudge brownies changed the game in my house. I was never a big brownie fan (or a coffee fan for that matter), but these brownies have made a brownie and coffee lover out of me!
2. I took this picture on Sunday in anticipation of our renovation that started this week. This is our mudroom. I should say, this room used to be our mudroom. Now it's in shambles in a dumpster somewhere (More on this later). This room held everything we needed right before running out the door - jackets, shoes & boots, keys, sunglasses, umbrellas. It was a mish mash of everything and it was never empty. There was always something in this room and it was so strange to see it empty.
3. On Tuesday, I was grabbing a snack when the claw of the backhoe started ripping through our mudroom!! Talk about an exciting snack break. I grabbed my phone just in time to see our mudroom fall right off the house! It's so crazy to think we've been coming through that door for 13 years! We've always come through this door when we get home. And, with just a couple of tugs it fell to the ground. It's so exciting to see this renovation in action!
4. Last Friday, The Bean made those fabulous Jordan Marsh Blueberry muffins for her friends and there were a couple left over for me to share with my friends! I ran out to make a muffin delivery to one of my friends and I had the best surprises ever! When I went outside everything was covered with the most perfect snow. Everything sparkles when there's fresh snow and it's magnificent. I was super happy to walk out into a winter wonderland, then I got in the car, turned on the radio and was surprised by Christmas music! The first night of Christmas music and the first snow fall on the same night - I was so so happy!
5. Last week, I shared a little insight into my skating career and I mentioned that I didn't love skating when I first started. I meant to include this photo but totally forgot. This is the perfect capture of me as a young skater - always figure skates (I was obsessed with figure skates), but otherwise a hot mess! Let's ignore the elbow pads, the sweater and the helmet that I was obviously rocking. Can we take a minute to talk about my snow pants? At first glance, I thought they were two toned. Upon closer look, they are not two toned, they are just drenched with water. Yes. I spent that much time falling and sitting on the ice.

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

Happy weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try making these brownies!

    Hopefully they aren't doing any renovations in the kitchen. They aren't allowed to interrupt your food posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how the brownies turn out! I hope you love them as much as we do! We're only doing a minor little fix up in the kitchen - I'll let the workers know that they have to work around my baking :)

      Delete