Monday, November 19, 2018

Music for Monday: Ladies in the 90s

Remember a couple of weeks ago, I shared my top 5 listened to songs on Spotify? The song that I'm sharing today will no doubt be one of my most listened to songs this week. I have never in my life listened to a song so many times in a row! I really do love this song, but I've listened to it so many times in a row because I'm writing an assignment on it.

I'm in a class this semester that is all about music. We have listened to so many different genres and it has been such a joy to listen to music with a new perspective. My last assignment for this class is called the song analysis which freaked me out when I first read it! How am I supposed to pick the right song that I don't mind listening to over and over again while unpacking so many different parts of it? I decided on this song because I really do love it, but I love that it gave me a starting place to analyze - Lauren Alaina so clearly makes mention of artists that inspired this song. It obviously has both pop and country influences which has made analyzing this song fascinating!

Ladies in the 90s - Lauren Alaina 
I'm going to spare you from all the serious music talk that I used in my assignment, but I did want to share some points. I love that Lauren Alaina looks back to the 90s and recognizes the fierce ladies that graced the music charts. I also love that Alaina is clearly influenced by both pop and country artists. We hear mention of Shania Twain and the Dixie Chicks, while Alaina also quotes Britney Spears and Destiny's Child. Following in the footsteps of Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, Lauren Alaina seemlessly blends pop and country into such a fun song!

Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment