Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Crazy Montreal Weather :)

I had every intention of posting a recipe for these cookies today:
These are gluten free, vegan & refined sugar free versions of Thin Mint Girl Guide cookies! Thin Mint Girl Guide cookies are hands down, my favorite not homemade cookies. I'm partial to homemade cookies and have never loved store bought cookies but I've always been a sucker for Thin Mints.

This recipe is from Cara Reed's Decadent Gluten Free & Vegan Cookbook and the cookies turned out SO good. I would even dare to say that I like this version better than the original Thin Mints. They are perfectly crispy and loaded with a delightful chocolat-y mint flavor. I'm already planning when I can make these again. I want them in my house all the time!

So, what happened you ask... why am I not posting the recipe for these fabulous cookies? Trust me, I wish I was but Montreal weather kicked my booty yesterday! A crazy snow & hail storm paired with a nine hour day of classes and coaching skating in the evening tired me right out! I usually write my blogs for the day on the night before (so I'm actually writing this on Wednesday evening) and I just could not pull it together last night! I have a couple recipes in the works for next week and I'll add this one to the list! I promise, it will go up and it will be well worth the wait! For now...

Meanwhile on Montreal's Atwater & Doctor Penfield Avenue... Cars are slipping and sliding and hitting barriers... 😱 ⁣⁣ ⁣⁣ Video submitted to us by @gentilexox

1,437 Likes, 100 Comments - MTLBlog (@mtlblog) on Instagram: "Meanwhile on Montreal's Atwater & Doctor Penfield Avenue... Cars are slipping and sliding and..."
This is Atwater Street in downtown Montreal. Awesome, right? This was yesterday morning before the storm really picked up but it only got worse! There were cars sliding everywhere. It was pure madness and yet so perfectly Montreal. This is Montreal in the winter.

Happy Friday eve!





No comments:

Post a Comment