Monday, February 18, 2019

Music for Monday: Carole King

Yesterday, I got to see Beautiful - the Carole King musical. And, just as most musicals are, it was pure magic. I have a special place in my heart for musical theater and this show did not disappoint at all. After learning so much about Carole King in my music class last year, I was so excited to see her story on stage. The show was the most perfect balance of informative and moving. Today, I'm sharing some of my favorite Carole King songs that were featured in the show yesterday!

You've Got a Friend - Carole King
 This is a song that I knew before seeing the show. I used to fall asleep to James Taylor's version of this song at nap time in daycare. But, the show gave a whole new meaning to the song and I love it even more.
So Far Away - Carole King

(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Carole King 
I love Aretha Franklin's version of this song (I've been listening to it a lot lately). But, there was something special about Carole King's rendition. It was performed so well at the show and much like You've Got a Friend, i have a whole new love for this song.
 
I Feel the Earth Move - Carole King 
 

Some Kind of Wonderful - Carole King 
This is a song that I didn't know before the show, but it ended up being my absolute favorite. The actors did such a great job with this song and they captured the emotion in it so perfectly. I know I will be listening to this song a lot in my future. 

I'm off to teach some 5th graders! 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment