Friday, May 31, 2019

Friday Faves: The Last of May

Every year as summer rolls around, there is always so much fun to look forward to - the Bean's dance show is this weekend and I am so excited to see her do her thing. I keep telling her that I'm excited to see her dance. In fact, I think I've been telling her too often because she told me to calm down yesterday - ha! I'll try to keep my excitement in check over here as I share my favorites from this week ;)

Last weekend, we took my grandmother out for a mani/pedi and breakfast. I ordered a fruit plate and was in awe of this gorgeous platter. I mean, does it get more summer-y than this? I think not! It was a pretty heavenly breakfast.
After our mani/pedi, we had some quick errands to run and I grabbed a smoothie at our local health food store. The smoothie was called La Vie en Rose and I really couldn't have thought of a better name. The Bean and I both agreed that if we had to assign a flavor to La Vie en Rose it would be this. It was the perfect blend of strawberry, banana, raspberries, goji berries & coconut. This pic also gives you a little peak at my manicure. I chose the color 'Cake Pop' - I have been loving this delicate pink all week long :)
Also while out running errands we picked up a new tea to try. I know I've been talking about how excited I am for summer but I am totally a Fall girl at heart. I saw this pumpkin tea and it was like my heart grew wings. I love all things pumpkin spice and this tea did not disappoint. It is the perfect warm drink for a Fall day (even thought I might enjoy a few this summer!).

We picked a box of Falafels at Trader Joes in February and they've sat in our cupboard for months. I honestly did not think not think boxed food had the capacity to be good but these falafels were out of this world! We served the Falafels with a Mediterranean salad and some hummus and it was my favorite meal of the week! If you are at Trader Joe's, I highly recommend picking up a box of their falafels!
Last night, was my last night of skating in the Spring session on my home ice and I was so sad to get off the ice. I keep skating through the summer but there was something so special about this Spring session that made it really hard to get off the ice. I am so proud of the strides I made as a skater this Spring and I was feeling so grateful for these skates last night as I was getting off the ice. I have grown the most (by far!) in this pair of skates and they are starting to look a little worse for wear but they are my favorite footwear :)
More skating talk - I have little fly always that get crazy during skating. All the jumping and spinning really does a number on my hair. As I was getting off the ice on Wednesday, my coach said I had some wild chimpanzee hair. Later that evening I found this picture and it made me crack up. Unfortunately, this is a pretty accurate depiction of me at skating.

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

I hope your weekend is full of happy!






No comments:

Post a Comment