Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Weekend Recap: The One with Mother's Day

On Sunday, we surprised my Mom by taking her to the Tulip Festival in Ottawa. And, it worked - we really surprised her. My Mom is not easily surprised. She notices every little change and so easily picks up on minute details that she can be rather difficult to surprise. That being said, I made it my personal mission to surprise her this Mother's Day.

My Mom's favorite flowers are tulips and I have often heard her talk about the tulip festival in Ottawa that happens every Spring. As this year's tulip festival was approaching, I kept my eye on the dates and was happy to discover that they perfectly lined up with Monther's Day! I commissioned my Dad's help to iron out the details, but we pulled it off! We drove to Ottawa to walk around the tulips in the morning then met with my uncle and aunt for lunch at a local pub. If you are ever in or around Ottawa during the tulip festival, I highly recommend checking it out - it's pretty spectacular!






Can you spot the multicolored tulips in there? Those were my absolute favorites. It was incredible to see the different kinds of tulips. I thought tulips were just tulips. I didn't know there were so many varieties.


 So pretty, right? There were tulips as far as the eye can see. But, the crowds were wild! The earlier you can get there, the better - if you can avoid the crowds you'll get an even better view!
As we were walking around, we spotted a few people drinking out of fruits - what? We found the little food truck selling these spectacular smoothies and they were so much fun! The Bean had the watermelon smoothie and my Mom and I shared the pineapple one - so good!


It was such a good day with my people and I am so glad I got to see the famous Ottawa tulip festival!

See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment