Thursday, November 28, 2019

Chai Latte Recipe (Vegan & Refined Sugar Free)

Two posts in one week - what what!? This recipe kind of comes with a story, so let me tell you the story then I will share the recipe! When I went to visit my cousin Andrew in Toronto in April, he brought me to Nordstrom to try their chai lattes. I had never had a chai latte before but I was instantly hooked! I had their chai latte made with oat milk and it was darn good! Andrew was originally having his chai lattes with regular milk but ended up switching to oat milk too. If you have a Nordstrom near you, I highly recommend a chai latte with oat milk! 

Since then, I have been feverishly looking for a chai latte recipe that I can replicate at home.  stumbled upon this recipe from Detoxinsta and it's a real winner! Seriously, so good! I have now made chai lattes for many of my friends and this recipe gets rave reviews every single time. It's only fair that I share the recipe with all of you so that you can participate in the chai latte joy, right?

I am obsessed with how these chai lates taste but I am just as obsessed with the fact that you can make one in like 5 minutes. They come together so quickly and making them is just so easy - I will gladly make you a chai latte if you stop by my place :) One of my best girls had a sip of a chai latte and said 'Oh my gosh this tastes like Fall'. And I couldn't pick more perfect words to describe this drink. It is SO fall! But, you will find me in my kitchen making this recipe year round because I am a fan of cozy - even in July! Onto the recipe!

In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups of oat milk with 2-3 Tablespoons of maple syrup, 3/4 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger and 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves. Whisk the latte together over medium heat until the milk is steaming, then pour the chai latte into 2 mugs and enjoy!

A couple of notes about this recipe - I like to use oat milk, but you can use any other milk that works for you. I especially like oat milk because it froths super easily. I use a whisk to combine my chai lattes and just whisking the latte together gives the milk a really solid froth! The way, I make this recipe serves 2. You can easily double or halve the recipe depending on how many people you're serving. This recipe keeps super well in the fridge and the Bean loves drinking it iced. So we never worry about having too much!

CHAI LATTE
Vegan & Refined Sugar Free
serves 2

ingredients
2 cups oat milk
2-3 Tablespoons maple syrup
3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

directions
1. Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan. Whisk the ingredients together over medium heat.
2. Once the chai latte is steaming, pour it into 2 mugs to serve.

Easy, right? I made so many chai lattes in the Fall, but I have slowly transitioned to peppermint hot chocolate as Christmas approaches and I'm loving my peppermint hot chocolates! I will share the recipe for that fun drink soon! I'm sure I will continue to alternate between chai lattes and peppermint hot chocolates - they are both such a yummy treat as the weather cools!

No comments:

Post a Comment