Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Summer Banner


My family has a great window in our kitchen. I love it because it lets in so much light but also because it is the perfect place to hang banners. This whole banner thing is relatively new to our family, but I have gone all out on the seasonal banners since valentine's day! I will share what is hanging in our window as the seasons change but for now we are celebrating summer!

I love making banners because they require very little materials and they are so quick to make! I made this one using my Cricut! I used scrapbooking paper for the background of the banner (the rectangles with the little triangles cut out). I have a lot of scrapbooking paper and by a lot, I mean too much! It is especially too much because I don't scrapbook, I just love fun paper! I just sorted through my paper and found prints that worked best with summer (ie. lots of flowers, birds, bugs, bright colors...).

I used white cardstock to make the white backing for the letters, and I used colored cardstock to cut out the letters to spell summer. My intention was to use bright summery colors, but I don't think yellow ended up being the best idea because that second 'M' is barely visible. In the future, I will definitely use darker colors because I think the 'E' and 'R' turned out the best! All the gluing was done with a regular glue stick and it has held up great!

I used a whole punch to punch 2 holes in the top of each banner and strung the banner with twine. This banner has been great because it's festive and fun without taking over the whole decor of our kitchen!

Happy Summer!
Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment