Thursday, July 7, 2016

Top 5: Movie Edition


Last month, I shared my Top 5 Beauty Products, this month I'm sharing my Top 5 Movies! I love so many movies creating a list of just five was really hard! When I started writing down my favorite movies my list looked like this:

My initial list was composed of 8 movies, 6 of which were Christmas movies and it's July! So although I do adore Christmas movies (and all things Christmas), I will save that list for a more appropriate time. Here are my top five favorite movies:

1. Cinderella (2015)
I must confess, I felt like a giddy 5 year old at Disneyland after watching this movie. The story line was the exact same as the Cinderella from 1950, but somehow it felt more magical! The soundtrack was great, there were little bits of humor added in, the costumes were beautiful, the actors were amazing... and I could seriously go on forever! Every bit of this movie was heart-warming perfection. I highly, highly recommend this movie!

My favorite quote from Cinderella (2015): "Have courage and be kind. For where there is kindness, there is goodness and where there is goodness there is magic."

2. Million Dollar Arm (2014)
This movie is about 2 boys from India who are scouted to play professional baseball in the US. This movie is funny and full of heart but what I love most is how authentic it is. It deals with failure and it doesn't glamorize fame and success by making it seem easy. I also love this movie because it stresses the importance of family and creating a nurturing environment for learners.

My favorite quote from Million Dollar Arm (2014): "Now small boys all over India can do what I couldn't. They can dream"

3. The Proposal (2009)
This movie is so funny! There are very few serious moments in this movie. Sandra Bullock and Ryan Renolds along with the supporting cast (Betty White!!) do a phenomenal job throughout the entire movie.

4. We Bought a Zoo (2011)
The title of this movie is a great descriptor, it really is about a family that buys a zoo and deals with the complications of owning a zoo. My favorite part of this movie is the kids, Elle Fanning, Colin Ford and Maggie Elizabeth Jones do a beautiful job. I could watch this movie over and over again and I would still love it just as much!

My favorite quote from We Bought a Zoo (2011): "Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. Just literally 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it"

5. Life As We Know It (2010)
This movie is about a couple who tragically pass away in a car accident and their best friends become the legal guardians of their baby. There are moments of this movie that are really sad but there are also some pretty funny and heart warming moments.

My favorite quote from Life As We Know It (2010): "Just because you need help doesn't mean you've failed, it just means you're not in it alone"

So, those are my top 5 movies! I'd love to hear your faves!
Kenzie


1 comment:

  1. Just watched Million Dollar Arm. Very authentic :P

    ReplyDelete