Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Favorites: Happy Fall!

Happy Friday and Happy Fall! I am so excited to write that! I can't believe Fall is here! And while I am beyond thrilled that it's Fall, it is still unseasonably warm around here! I am ready for some cooler weather! I had such a wonderful week and I have so many favorites to share today! Here are a few...

1. I cut my hair! And I mean I really cut it! I haven't done anything drastic with my hair for 9 years - I've just kept it long! But it was getting hard to deal with and I was finding it a little teenager-y! I cut about 5 inches off and it is such a big change! It feels so much lighter! I have a little mini panic every time I run my fingers through hair! I am so used to just putting my hair up in a ponytail because it was always in the way, I am loving this shorter cut!


2. I talk about ESSIE nail polish all the time, I know! But, I really do love it! I love pampering myself with a manicure every once in a while! I've been wearing Lady Like all week - I know I rave about this color all the time, but I can't get enough! I smile every time I look at my nails! It makes such a great Summer to Fall transition color!


3. There's another little sneak at my very favorite nail polish color in one of these pictures - but enough about nail polish, right?! I really took these pictures to talk about one of my favorite local restaurants, Mandy's! After my classes on Monday, I walked over to the Mandy's on Crescent street and picked up some salads for dinner. I have tried a couple of their salads, but my absolute favorite is the October salad! It has Pecans, Goat Cheese, Pears, Dried Cranberries, tomatoes and more in it! It is the most perfect Fall salad! If you are ever in Montreal, I recommend having a meal at Mandy's - so good!
4. The Gilmore Girls Revival - I don't know why it took me so long to include this in my favorites! I finished the revival a little over a month ago and I have mixed feelings about it. I didn't love how dishonest Rory was - I thought that was so not true to her character. Many parts of the revival seemed unbelievable. I expected there to have been more growth in Stars Hallow, where it seems to have remained stagnant. However, in the end, I do have a lot of love for it! It kind of felt like going home after being away for a long time! I loved hearing Lorelai say 'I smell snow' again!

5. Yesterday was the most beautiful day - I mean, sunny and warm with the occasional cool breeze! It was so not Fall weather, but I do appreciate a good summer's day! I especially soaked this one in since it was the last summer day of the year! A few of the girls that I am student teaching with and I went for a little walk at lunch. We ate by the water and grabbed an ice cream cone before returning to the bustle of the classroom. It was such a nice little break and it made the afternoon so much easier on me! My kiddos are always great but I had a little extra bounce in my step after ice cream!

6. Next week, I'm talking all about Pumpkin! I have to welcome Fall in with a bang! I'm sharing a recipe for pumpkin muffins with a sugar streusal top (does it get any better!?). I'm going to talk about how I make Pumpkin Pie Spice - it's so easy! And I'm going to talk about my beloved Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolates!
7. Zulily - y'all! This site is not good! I mean, it's great but it's not so good for my credit card! I browse through almost everyday and there is always something intriguing! I have to talk myself out of ordering cute things everyday! I ordered booties, PJ's and a dress a couple of weeks ago so I'm going to wait a little while before I can justify buying more! If you are unlike me and looking to buy more (ha!), I highly recommend checking out Zulily! There is always something fun going on!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

Have a fabulous weekend! I'm off to browse through Zulily (i really do wish I was kidding!) See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment