Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday Favorites: Short & Sweet

Yesterday, I had a 14 hour day at school (a regular teaching day + parent-teacher interviews) so I don't have much to say, other than - I am so glad it's Friday! I have a couple quick favorites for you today...


1. First off, this wooden sign! I sanded, painted and stained several weeks ago. And by several weeks ago, I'm talking early October! I had some free time and I was feeling crafty so I started a sign that I planned on turning into something fall-ish to put on my family's mantle over the fall/Thanksgiving season. Well, guess what? I haven't touched that darn sign in forever! It is just sitting, waiting to be worked on! I know exactly what I want to do with it, but I've been distracted by...
 2. Did you catch my post yesterday? I talked all about my new found love for quilting! All of my crafty energy has been going into this quilt. I think I need to put this quilt aside and finish that sign!

3. My students are finishing a math theme that was all about 2D & 3D shapes. To end the theme, I did a little building activity with them! They built 2D & 3D shapes out of marshmallows and toothpicks and they loved every minute of it! They especially loved how sticky their hands got from the marshmallows - ha! They loved the sticky and they loved these little dry erase sheets! I printed out their graphic organizers and slipped them in these little dry erase pouches so they could start fresh with each shape and save a little paper! I made sure to snap pictures of their work but they loved how kinesthetic this lesson was!

4. My last favorite from this week is tea - give me all the tea! Since being sick earlier this week, my voice has been on the fritz. Sometimes I go to talk and nothing comes out! My students think it's hilarious! I've been resting as much as I can, but tea has been my saving grace. I have been drinking so much Peppermint tea and Chamomile tea this week!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites. 

Have a fabulous weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment