Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Weekend Recap

This weekend was wild! I packed it right to the brim but I loved every minute of it! Today's post is full of a mish mash of pictures from this weekend!
Saturday kicked off bright and early and I needed a little High School Musical to wake me up! I headed out the door to work and yes, I listened to High school Musical on my way to work. If you ever see me in my car, chances are I'm listening to High School Musical (or old Taylor Swift!). I had so many compliments on my leggings that day - they're Gap but they're old! They are one of my favorites though!

I left work around 10:30 to run to the arena! Another frequent occurrence for me! So, if you see me in my car, I'm probably jamming out to High School Musical and on my way to an arena!
After skating, I headed home to freshen up as fast as I could because my family had a reservation at our favorite sugar shack! My dog has a herniated disc right now and he's not supposed to be moving much. He's a little busy body though, so I carried him around to keep his still for a while.
Then off to the sugar shack we went! We went to the same place as last year, and I loved it just as much! You can read my recap from last year HERE. This year, we took my grandma to celebrate her birthday and she loved it too!

Part way through our meal, my grandpa noticed that there was a famous hockey player (Patrice Brisebois!) sitting behind my Dad. I don't know much about hockey, but I knew this guy's name so I figured he must be pretty famous. I was actually most excited because he was on a TV show called Battle of the Blades; a Canadian TV show where hockey players are paired with figure skaters and learn how to skate! I snapped a few pictures all while trying to remain incognito and I think I'd make a pretty good spy if I do say so myself. I don't think the Bean reads my blog but she would completely disagree - she thinks I'm way to loud and frantic to be a spy!
When we were done our meal we headed outside to get la tire (maple toffee on snow), and it was freezing! We packed into the car and headed home to warm up! We bundled under blankets and watched way too much New Girl (that's our new favorite show).
Sunday was another early morning. I made some avocado toast before heading out for another morning of work. I have avocado toast every single morning. It's easy and I love it!
Off to work again! I was so lucky to not have many early mornings this year (my schedule for school was so good!), so the two early mornings this weekend kicked my booty! Also, winter is back in Montreal - it's freezing! The wind was so bitterly cold on Sunday morning and it only got worse over the day! We had some crazy weather this weekend! I have my fingers crossed for some Spring weather soon!

I got home from work around 12:30 so I grabbed some lunch and sat down at my computer to get some work done. Finals are in full swing and after my busy Saturday, I had to put some serious work into my last few projects for the school year! I am into my last 2 assignments and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

This was dinner on Sunday night! One of my all time favorite things! I love chicken, roasted potatoes, baked sweet potato and yellow beets!!

After dinner, we watched a couple more New Girl episodes. Then, I went to bed with serious hopes that my school would call a weather day for my last day of classes! I checked weather one last time before going to bed and it said freezing rain and hail - yes ma'am! That is just what I needed for a weather day! And it worked! My alarm went off Monday morning and I checked my email to find that I could tuck right back into bed! Not a bad way to end the semester!

See you tomorrow :)





No comments:

Post a Comment