Friday, February 8, 2019

Friday Favorites: The One With The Outdoor Skating Rink

This Friday could not come around soon enough! We have had some strange weather in Montreal this week - so much freezing rain! On Wednesday, I got to my car after skating and it was covered in ice! It took me forever to scrape it all off! I sure am looking forward to some warmer weather. As usual, I'm linking up with a few other bloggers to share my favorite things this week.

1. Last Friday evening, I had a couple of my friends over for dinner. We made Loaded Taco Sweet Potato Sliders together (recipe HERE) and they brought stuff to have fondue! I haven't had fondue in forever and it was such a fun treat. My family got a chocolate fountain for Christmas a couple of years ago and it was so fun to use it. Fondue and friends made for a fun Friday night.
2. I have loved baking out of Cara Reed's Decadent Gluten Free and Vegan cook book. We have loved so many of her recipes but our most recent favorite is her chocolate chip cookies. I know I have several chocolate chip cookie recipes up on my blog, but I'm working on getting this one up a.s.a.p. because it is so so good!
3. Our family friends have the most beautiful skating rink set up in their backyard. I was getting serious Gilmore Girl vibes from this picturesque rink with twinkle lights strung. It was a chilly night but it was so fun to skate outside with our friends! This was definitely a highlight of my winter - I love, love, love skating!
4. As we were leaving our friends house, my Mom pointed out how small my boot was next to one of their kid's boots. My feet are on the smaller side, but these giant boots make my boots look like barbie shoes.
5. I've been working on getting this recipe up lately. It should go up next week. I am so excited to share this blueberry muffin recipe! I have tried a lot of gluten free muffin recipes and while some have been good, none have given me as much rise as these muffins! These muffins rise just like regular muffins and the streusel topping is just straight up dreamy!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

I hope your weekend is full of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment