Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Apple Crisp (Gluten Free, Vegan & Refined Sugar Free)

I think this is my third post about apple crisp. And, as much as I try not to repeat posts, this was a necessary repeat because I've never posted an allergen friendly apple crisp recipe. So today, I'm sharing my recipe for gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free apple crisp. For this recipe I consulted 4 or 5 other recipes and then kind of made up my own. I very rarely make up my own recipes, but I'm glad I did this time because it worked out great! Okay, onto the recipe!

For the filling of the apple crisp, peel 5 apples and chop them into bite sized pieces. When the apples are chopped up, put them at the bottom of an 8x8'' baking dish and set them aside until the crumble topping is ready.
For the crumble topping, cream 1/2 cup of softened vegan butter with 3/4 cup of cane sugar together. Then, add in 3/4 cup of gluten free flour (I used America's Test Kitchen GF blend), 3/4 cup of gluten free oats, 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix the crumble together until it is well combined.


Crumble the topping over apples in the baking dish, being careful to cover all of the apples. Then, bake the apple crumble for 30-35 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When the crumble has completed its bake time, let it cool on the counter for about 30-45 minutes before cutting and serving it.
APPLE CRISP
Gluten Free, Vegan & Refined Sugar Free
serves 9

ingredients
5 apples, peeled & chopped
1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
3/4 cup cane sugar
3/4 cup gluten free flour
3/4 cup gluten free oats
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt

directions
1. Peel the apples and chop them up into bite sized pieces. Put the apples in an 8x8'' baking dish and set them aside until later.
2. In a small mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and cane sugar together. Then add in the GF flour, GF oats, cinnamon and salt. mix the crumble together until it is well combined.
3. Crumble the topping over the apples, being careful to cover all of the apples.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the apple crisp for 30-35 minutes.
5. Let the apple crisp cool for 30-35 minutes before cutting it and serving it.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment