Friday, May 17, 2019

Friday Favorites: Bloggaversary Edition

Today, my blog is three! What, what? I am so proud of my little online space and I am so appreciative that so many of you stop by everyday! I have always loved recipe sharing and I am so happy to share some of my faves on a larger scale. I know some of my readers are real life friends, but many are people who I've never met - and that part blows my mind! I so appreciate every single one of you and the time you take to read my blog! Today's favorites will feature some favorites from this week as well as a little reflection on my time as a blogger. Let's get into it...

As I was anticipating my bloggaversary this week, I was prompted to look back on my time as a blogger. I'm naturally a very reflective and nostalgic person, so anniversaries & birthdays always prompt a little reflection for me. When I started this blog 3 years ago, I was terrified to miss a day. I committed to blogging 5 days a week and I really stuck to my guns. I remember one night, remembering that I hadn't blogged for the next day. It must have been 11:00 or 12:00 at night and I still opened my computer and wrote a post for the next day - ugh!

I was so set on keeping a promise to myself that I was rather hard on myself about my blogging schedule. Well, guess what? I am darn good at keeping promises to myself and I have officially quit putting pressure on myself. I know that I can blog every single day if I need to but I just don't need to. When my heart is in it yes, I blog 5 days a week. But other weeks, I only blog once or twice. At first this totally stressed me out, but I've learned how to go with the flow and focus on writing really good content when I have the time and the energy. That is likely how this next year of blogging will continue. I am so not ready to give up my online space, but as I grow and take on different responsibilities, but blogging presence will shift.
Want to know one of my favorite recipes that I have ever posted? These Key Lime Pie Bars were pure heaven. I took your traditional key lime pie and flipped them into a bar. This was such a fun twist on a traditional pie and it made for an easy way to serve key lime pie at a party. I much prefer to put bars out on a platter than cut and serve a pie especially when we're hosting a big crowd. Potentially, my favorite thing about this post is the title - I called this post 'A Key Lime Walked into a Bar." I think my Dad came up with this title and it will forever go down in history as one of my favorite blog post titles. You can find the recipe for these FAH-bulous bars HERE.
My next favorites are completely unrelated to my bloggaversary but I am still so excited to share them! First and foremost - this pasta! I made this creamy butternut squash pasta sauce on the weekend and it made the perfect weeknight meal. I didn't know what to expect from this pasta but it turned out delicious! I am always happy to find an easy peasy meal that tastes great and I know this one will be on repeat in my house! The recipe for this pasta sauce will be posted next week.
Last weekend, my family went out for lunch and I had this spectacular pizza with chicken and pesto on it. I have been craving it all week long so I made myself a little mini pizza last night - ha! For real, my family was out and I made myself pizza! I made a gluten free pizza crust that turned out incredible and topped it with some pizza sauce, some chicken, a little pesto and sliced onion. It was pizza perfection and made for the most perfect dinner! Good gluten free pizza crust is hard to come by but this crust was amazing! I will be sure to get the recipe up next week!
For Mother's Day, my family went to the tulip festival in Ottawa and I am still dreaming of all the pretty tulips! If you are ever in or around Ottawa during the tulip festival I highly recommend checking it out - it was so beautiful! You can read my past about the tulip festival (and see more tulip pictures!) HERE.

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

Happy weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on three years!! I love keeping up with what you're doing, and trying your new recipes (especially chili lime tacos)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Hahaha the Chili Lime Chicken Tacos should go in a recipe hall of fame :)

      Delete